This job is no longer accepting applications.
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Business Unit Overview
WB Games New York works with some of the top talent in the game industry to build online competitive and social features for video games. Our highly experienced team of engineers utilize cutting-edge technology to build game services that are robust and scalable enough to support world-class developers such as NetherRealm Studios, Rocksteady, Monolith Productions, WB Montréal, and more!
WB Games seeks a Quality Assurance Tester (temporary) for its studio based in Troy, NY.
As a QA Tester at WB Games New York (a subsidiary of Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment), you will be working primarily on our online game services platform called "Hydra Studio”, in addition to some other internal technologies. As an integral part of the team, you will execute test cases, research bugs, file detailed bug reports and verify developer bug fixes.
You will work closely with our development team, communicating issues directly to Producers and Engineers to ensure the quality of our product.
- Document bugs with clear and straightforward reproducible steps and check similar issues that are being tested.
- Perform testing assignments with limited supervision.
- Identify issues outside of the normal test boundaries (testing outside the box).
- Maintain bugs in the database through their entire life cycle.
- Report on the user experience and test results, escalating when necessary.
- Run tests directly against our API via a command line interface.
- Ability to write clear and concise bug reports that conform to the established bug writing standards of WB Games NY.
- Ability to identify bugs, duplicate them, perform additional research, and track the bug lifecycle.
- Be detail-oriented and organized with your thought process.
- Have a proactive mindset, with the ability to multitask.
- Have a positive attitude, good people skills, and the ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment.
- Experience running commands from a CLI (Command Line Interface).
- Experience using and interacting with a REST API, and other web-based technologies • Interest in working on-site at our office in Troy, NY.
- Plays and enjoys video games!
Perks and advantages
- An open and collaborative work space.
- Free access to our gaming library.
- What you work on will be used by millions of gamers all around the world, within some of the most popular IP in the video game industry.
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.