Sr QA Tester
Foster City, CA, USA
The Team Overview
GluSports is a studio with a strong culture of ownership and agency. We work in a lively, collaborative environment and are passionate about producing the types of games and content that we’d love to play. We’ve had amazing success with MLB Tap Sports Baseball and WWE Universe while beginning development on our newest title with the Deer Hunter IP!
Whether you are a massive sports fan or not, our studio prides itself on having intensely passionate people who love having a great time at work and being part of a winning team down in San Mateo. We’re looking for a mid or senior level QA mobile tester who has passion for making great games!
We are currently hiring for a full-time Quality Assurance tester in our Foster City sports gaming studio.
What you'll be doing:
- Testing on various platforms, such as iOS, Android, and Unity
- Testing new features as needed (including creating test plans)
- Input bugs into a database (Jira) with concise reproduction steps and validating bug fixes from the engineering team
- Verify every aspect of our games are functional before submitting builds to Apple or Google
- Define, standardize, and apply QA strategy for multiple mobile products
- Performance testing for app health and monitoring community reported issues.
- Strong Communication Skills - attend feature meetings and communicate potential risks, report testing results to the team, and escalate critical issues to the development team. You may also need to comminicate with teams outside of our studio on occasion.
- Ability to Work Independently and a Strong Sense of Ownership; understand tasks that need to be accomplished and take initiative and accountability.
- Use various tools to gather crash/console logs to further support the development team
You'll be a great fit if you have:
- Bachelor's Degree in CS or related field (or equivalent work experience)
- 3 years minimum QA or comparable development experience
- 1 year minimum experience with Mobile QA (or Android / iOS testing experience)
- Expert Troubleshooting Skills
- Understanding of Quality Assurance Techniques, Frameworks, and Methodologies
- Strong Knowledge of Mobile Games
- Sports Fan
- Jira or Other Bug Tracking Software Experience
- Familiar with Unity
All qualified applicants wil
l receive consideration for employment. Glu is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We welcome people of different backgrounds and experiences to ensure a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Your application has been successfully submitted.