Senior Software Engineer, Unity Framework
Remote, OR, USA Remote
Machine Zone (An AppLovin Company) is a global leader in mobile gaming, with a track record of delivering some of the world’s most successful mobile games including Game of War, Mobile Strike and Final Fantasy XV: A New Empire. We combine the power of technology and creative vision to create experiences that connect people from all corners of the globe. Machine Zone was acquired by AppLovin in May 2020.
AppLovin is one of Inc.’s Best Workplaces and a recipient of the 2019 Glassdoor Top CEO employee’s choice award. The San Francisco Business Times awarded AppLovin one of the Bay Area’s Best Places to Work in 2019 and 2020, and the Workplace Wellness Award in 2019 which recognizes businesses that are leaders in improving worker well-being.
MZ Game Studio is seeking a highly skilled Senior Engineer to join our client engineering team. This role focuses on frameworks and systems built on top of the Unity Engine. You will work closely with leads to define an architectural vision and ensure that all code reinforces the conceptual integrity of that vision. You will collaborate on game features to deliver generalized solutions for a variety of different gameplay and behavior. Candidates must be proficient in writing highly optimized, extensible, and maintainable code under aggressive deadlines, and must have experience architecting and developing cross-platform software.
What you'll be doing:
- Code primarily in C#
- Collaborate with tools engineers to make our frameworks as productive and accessible as possible
- Work with game developers to create user friendly APIs and support integration into gameplay logic
- Building designer facing tools using ugui/uitoolkit
- Profile and optimize performance bottlenecks
- Produce high quality, well-documented code promoting modularity, extensibility and performance
- Perform code reviews for peers
Your background and who you are:
- 5+ years of expert level experience in one of Obj-C, C, C++ or C#
- Strong background in computer science fundamentals, design patterns, algorithms and data structures
- Experience with the Unity Engine or another industry standard game engine
- Self directed, can identify problems and tackle large features with minimal guidance
- Exceptional problem solving, performance analysis and debugging skills
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Shipped multiple applications or games preferably on Android and iOS
- Experience with the Unity Engine
- Proficient in C#
- Experience with core Unity systems including Addressable Assets, Asset Bundles, Package Manager
- Comfortable with WebSockets / JSON / Restful protocols
- Proficient in Python
- Experience in mobile or console game development
- Experience building frameworks from scratch
AppLovin is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Your application has been successfully submitted.