Senior Product Manager
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Rovio’s Puzzle Studio has their sights set on becoming the most successful casual puzzle game studio in the world. Exploring new and emerging trends in puzzle games, the studio has built a deep understanding of the puzzle genre and its players since its founding in 2014. The studio has introduced innovations in puzzle game core with the free-flowing Angry Birds Dream Blast, and the narrative-driven Small Town Murders, as well as providing players with exciting new content and events in fan-favorite games such as Angry Birds Friends. With their games, Puzzle Studio aims to create a true emotional connection that stays with players even when they’re not playing.
Do you love improving F2P games based on data and insights? Are you passionate about data driven development and F2P design? Do you get excited about designing, managing and analysing experiments? Do you actively follow the fast changing mobile gaming market? Would you like to work with exceptionally talented professionals? Join us as a Senior Product Manager in Rovio’s Puzzle Studio in Helsinki Metropolitan Area, Finland!
- Drive product requirements and features based on deep understanding of F2P game design and engagement/monetization mechanics
- Work very closely with the Game Lead, Designers, UA and BI to support them in setting the vision and priorities for the game development
- Own the live operations by managing, analyzing, and balancing events and offers of the game
- Own the A/B testing process of the game allowing the team to validate hypotheses and translate the results into learnings that help steer our games into the right direction
- Bring an outside-in view to the team by benchmarking of competitors and identifying new and promising practices
- Own and analyze game metrics (acquisition, retention, engagement, monetization, virality) and proactively identify and implement optimizations to improve the player experience and core financial performance
- Educate others on F2P best practices and on new emerging F2P trends
- Mentor other members of the team
Who we think would do great in this role:
- You have years of experience working on a F2P live title with a proven record of improving game metrics
- You have a deep understanding of F2P economy and game design
- You have a strong ability to analyze data and strong Excel skills, experience with metrics-driven decision making
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills
- You love games (especially F2P)! You understand the different needs for a game in soft launch and for one that’s been live for years
- You are a self-starter and able to tackle problems independently
- You understand how modern user acquisition works and how it affects game metrics and direction of the game
- You are deeply interested in understanding our players
We’d love if you have some of these:
- Knowledge of SQL
- Experience in statistical analysis
- First meeting: You will meet the hiring manager. Before diving deeper into your skills, we want to know who you are and what motivates you. This is also an opportunity for you to learn more about Rovio and the specifics of the role.
- Second round: You will complete an exercise to complete in your own time.
- Third round: You will present the exercise and we’ll have a discussion around the findings.
- Fourth round: You will be invited to meet a game lead and other members of our product team. Our aim is to get a clear overview of your skills, how you would fit with our working culture, your ambitions and where we can help you develop.
Don't let us wait but send your application already today!
Your application has been successfully submitted.