Senior User Experience Designer
Rovio's Stockholm Studio is the studio behind the hugely popular Angry Birds 2, the bigger, badder and birdier sequel to the global phenomenon Angry Birds. The studio is dedicated to making the Angry Birds 2 game experience ever more exciting for players, developing continual improvements, as well as running world class live ops every day.
In addition to Angry Birds 2, Stockholm studio is actively developing new titles with the Angry Birds brand as well as new original IPs. Our approach is to focus on highly accessible yet innovative cores paired with Rovio's light-hearted aesthetic. At the same time, we still aim to deliver a deep meta that can keep players engaged for decades. Our development is driven by our players as we push to become masters of our genre. We use data to provide insights into our players' needs, and we always strive for improvement through continual iteration.
Our ambitious teams are full of passionate gamers who are eager to leave their mark.
We are looking for a Senior User Experience Designer to join our Stockholm Studio. The Senior User Experience Designer works directly with project teams and stakeholders to ensure great user experience across key games in the Studio. You will work in the project team and support the game team in different phases of development by visualizing, prototyping and documenting the UX and UI design. You will ensure the UX design is in line with the overall vision of the game and helps executing on that vision.
- Be responsible for the UX design on key projects
- Drive the development of tools, best practices, processes, techniques and methodologies in the game teams to ensure the craft keeps developing
- Share learnings and review designs with other designers
- Work together with the user research team, designers and game leads to understand player research and validate UX designs
- Establish with the Product Lead and Lead Game Designer the key design drivers and player goals for the game. Can communicate UX design drivers, goals and KPIs for game on a studio level
- Work hands-on with studio priority project(s) and can be embedded on a project depending on project/studio needs. Has the overall ownership of the UX design in a game project they are working on
- Work hands-on and collaboratively with designers, developers and artists to implement UX solutions and user interfaces into the game
- Test and benchmark competitor products, drawing learnings and insights from them
- Follow current trends and how the market and industry is developing
Who we think will do great in this role has:
- 5+ years experience in designing UI/UX for games and mobile devices with an understanding of mobile design principles
- Advanced knowledge of UI/UX design through degree, or equivalent in human computer interaction (HCI), psychology, interaction design, or product design related subject.
- Proven UXD skills and have been the main contributor of UX design on multiple internally developed games titles in production, soft launch and global launch
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Excellent skills in Adobe Illustrator/Photoshop/Experience Designer and other relevant design tools
- Ability to craft visually appealing, consistent and functional UI art assets to a high quality that align with art direction
- Excellent communicator in giving, seeking and receiving feedback and can constructively review and critique the design made by others
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to visualize and clearly communicate decisions to team members through UX design deliverables
- Ability to create and adjust designs based on findings from quantitative (“big data”) and qualitative (user tests, peer reviews, surveys) data
- Understanding socio-cultural and contextual aspects
We’d love if you have some of these:
- Understanding of hardware limitations and possibilities
- Basic coding and scripting skills in Unity are considered a plus
- Understanding of localization/ internationalization requirements
- First meeting: before diving deeper into your skills, we want to know who you are, what your experience has been to date and what motivates you. This is also an opportunity for you to learn more about Rovio.
- Second meeting: Technical interview along with a discussion with Stockholm design team member(s). Our aim is to get a clear overview of your skills, how you would fit with our working culture, your ambitions, what you can contribute, and where we can help you develop.
- A test will be provided.
- Final meetings: to discuss the test and opportunity for you to meet the game team members.
Submit your application today. We look forward to hearing from you!
Your application has been successfully submitted.