Senior Data Engineer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Are you excited about handling petabytes of data and maintaining a large scalable data warehouse and compute infrastructure? Then let’s talk!
Data that we collect about our players often takes the central role in areas varying from game design to marketing to machine learning products. Our data engineers therefore take great care in keeping the data correct, up to date and easily accessible. In this position you will be responsible for ensuring that our data infrastructure is rock solid and follows modern best practices. You will be actively contributing to all data engineering areas and solving unique challenges arising from the massive scale, such as scaling Spark on Kubernetes cluster to support multiple concurrent heavy jobs. In addition to all this, you will also have a front seat in advancing our tech stack and driving improvement discussions.
- Own and improve the infrastructure for data collection, storage and processing
- Proactively suggest and implement improvements that increase scalability, robustness and availability of data systems
- Maintain batch and real-time data pipelines
- Improve tooling used by data engineers and data scientists to manipulate and access data
- Help data scientists with ad hoc requests related to data validity and semantics
- Work closely with game teams to define what data is collected from our games
- Together with the rest of the team, develop vision and strategy for data engineering practices
- 5+ years of experience in designing, developing and maintaining data infrastructure
- Expert knowledge of Python and SQL
- Track record of maintaining large scale ETL processes
- Experience with AWS data stack (Kinesis, Athena+S3+Glue, RedShift)
- Familiarity with large scale data warehouse technologies (BigQuery, Spark, Spark Streaming)
- Knowledge of build, deployment and orchestration tools (Azkaban or Airflow, Jenkins, Terraform)
- Ability to innovate and work independently
- Experience with GCP data stack
- Familiarity with BI tools (Periscope, Looker, Qlik Sense, Tableau)
- Experience with monitoring systems (Prometheus, Grafana)
- Devops oriented mindset
- Hands on experience with containerization (Docker, Kubernetes, AWS EKS)
We are a mobile game developer based in Helsinki, Finland, with offices in San Francisco, Seoul and Shanghai. Since our launch in 2010, we've released five games globally – Hay Day, Clash of Clans, Boom Beach, Clash Royale and Brawl Stars.
To make five games, we've killed dozens along the way. That's because we're obsessed with quality. Our goal is to make the best games – games that are played by millions, enjoyed for years and remembered forever. To achieve this goal, we create the best possible teams and give them the freedom and independence that are core to our success.
You might love it here...
If you love to think, talk, play and make games, Supercell is the place for you. We're made up of proactive, independent teams with the freedom to do what they think is best for their players, our games and the company at large. We know that it takes more than just independence to make great games, so we also take very good care of our people – providing them with the compensation, work environment and resources they need to succeed. Read More
This position is in Helsinki, but you're not?
Luckily, moving to Helsinki is easier than you might think. No matter where you would be moving from, our dedicated people will help you from beginning to end. We're here to make sure the process is as smooth as possible for you, your family and whoever and whatever you're bringing along. Read More
Your application has been successfully submitted.