Technical Weapons Artist
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Infinity Ward Poland is currently seeking a Technical Weapons Artist for Krakow, Poland.
As the Technical Weapons Artist, you will be responsible for the complete real time rendering of weapon and attachments between external studios and our many art outsourcing partners. This includes working with internal Activision teams to successfully coordinate batches of content and make sure the quality is above standard. You will be assisting the driving force behind improvements to these workflows on weapons and visual quality.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Work with weapons team and graphics engineers to create material masks and shaders to bring it into the engine. Pushing the visual fidelity of the weapons with proper implementation.
- Writing technical documentation for internal and external artists.
- Experience with shader development in real time engine.
- Provide hands-on support to internal and external artists and engineers regarding asset performance and PBR validation.
- Review creative process and identify opportunities for tool improvements assisting internal and external Tech Art departments.
- Assist with internal/external integration.
- Maintain a clean local directory and confluence pages with finished and in progress work.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Working with the Weapons TD to ensure pipeline compatibility and direction.
- Working with graphics engineers and Principal Artist on related R&D.
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience as a Weapons artist and or Tech artist.
- 2+ years of experience in game art asset creation in different software packages including Maya, Zbrush, and Substance Painter.
- Advanced understanding of GGX-Spec Gloss PBR Pipeline.
- Strong knowledge of Real time physical material rendering of dielectrics and metals.
- Strong knowledge in Substance painter.
- Have shipped AAA PC, console, or mobile titles as a Tech Artist and or Weapons Artist.
Would be a plus:
- Knowledge of high level/ low level coding language. (Python, HLSL/GLSL, C#, etc.)
- Jira experience.
- Confluence experience.
- Strong knowledge in Texturing weapons.
- Strong knowledge of real-world Weapons .
I hereby give consent for my personal data included in the job offer to be processed for the purposes of recruitment under the Data Protection Act 1997 (Dz. U. no. 133, item 883)
Your application has been successfully submitted.