Senior Marketing Director
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Strategic Senior Marketing Director position in the Square Enix Europe Marketing organisation.
The role requires a strategic leader and creative thinker, with a high level of marketing & leadership experience with a strong passion for the games. You will be responsible for building the pan-Western strategic plan, within a Project Team of Regional Marketing & PR Leads, working with international stakeholders across various disciplines.
Successful candidates will have a strong record of accomplishment in marketing games, relevant entertainment or technology brands & Leadership. You will have demonstrated your ability to define clear goals and develop creative, high-impact strategies and activities to achieve those goals, based on a deep understanding of intended audiences.
If you are excited by the idea of working with a diverse global team, have demonstrated great strategic vision and planning throughout your career, and are passionate about video games, technology and entertainment, apply.
Pan Western Strategy
- Build Western Marketing and PR strategic plans.
- Define the Project objectives & communicate measurable goals for achieving them, to drive awareness, purchase intent and ultimately conversion to sales.
- Such plans would include but are not limited to areas such as setting the product positioning (target, promise, reasons to believe), competitive analysis, messaging, marketing collateral/assets, use of owned online/digital channels, category analysis of genres, research plan, social & influencer plans, creative direction.
- Work with internal stakeholders (sales, development studios in both the West & Japan) in setting the sales lifecycle commercial forecast and P&L for the Western markets, recommending business model / pricing strategy and continually drive toward meeting the necessary business goals.
- Drive consumer and data research and demonstrate effective implementation of learnings in growing the business and measuring campaign effectiveness/ROI.
- Build a detailed understanding of the product and be able to champion / deliver high-impact presentations as required.
- Organise project kick offs with Regional & Territory teams.
- Prepare Marketing Greenlight presentations (as applicable)
- Set and manage Western level project budgets.
Working with the internal Creative Director, Creative Services Studios and External Agencies, demonstrate strong creative vision, with a clearly defined creative brief and delivery of promotional collateral for the campaigns. Work with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the game title’s core values / campaign’s key messaging are communicated to deliver high quality materials on budget and on time.
Work in a diverse group of cultures with both internal and external stakeholders, including:
- Western and Japanese Development Studios
- Regional Marketing & PR teams
Work closely with studio development teams to fully understand the project and relay information to necessary stakeholders in the Western business. Drive best practises and influence decision-making for the benefit of the project.
Ensure that the Territory Go-To-Market plans are aligned to the Western & Regional Strategy plans. Lead regular market check-ins with Regional Project Leads/Territory teams to drive campaign adjustment and results.
Reports to: Square Enix Europe Executive Director
Key Stakeholders: CMO, Executive Directors, Marketing Directors, Square Enix Japan Marketing & Publicity. Development Studios, Territory marketing teams, Community & Service and Production teams, Consumer Insights, Digital Own Channels team, Social & Influencer teams.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Proven experience of strategic planning and executing game, relevant entertainment or technology marketing campaigns, having worked on large game projects previously.
- Experience of working across multi-disciplinary departments and international markets including, Europe, Australasia, North America and Japan.
- Good and confident communicator / presenter, with proven ability of communicating with a diverse number of international stakeholders.
- Very good project management capability.
- Ability to brief, manage & modify campaigns across touchpoints to excite and engage consumers.
- Good experience of tracking campaign results via previously agreed measures.
- Excellent at writing detailed briefs and presentations.
- Degree level of education or equivalent, and/or CIM qualification.
- Some understanding of the Japanese games market and any differences in market preferences and publishing strategies and tactics, to Western markets.
Competencies, Skills & Attributes:
- Very strong team player - able to work within an interdisciplinary game team and international business.
- Able to work under pressure and find solutions to multiple and varying needs.
- Self-motivated and pro-active – taking ownership of projects to drive them forward.
- Good business acumen.
- Understanding of game development and willing to learn more about how games are developed.
- Additional languages (European &/or Japanese) a plus but not compulsory.
- Willing to travel. Valid Passport to enable international travel, where necessary.
- General interest in current trends in entertainment, technology, content and promotion.
- Shows passion and excitement about video games, keeps up to date with developments within industry.
Your application has been successfully submitted.