Game Programmer, Clash of Clans
This job is no longer accepting applications.
We’re looking for a Game Programmer to join Clash of Clans, one of our biggest live games. At Supercell, client programmers are at the centre of our teams, working together with every other discipline and making our game updates great. As well as coding features, you'll put on your designer hat and make a ton of calls on what goes into, and what doesn’t go into, the game. You're someone who likes to decide what to do with the people you work with rather than being told what to do from above.
With only a few game programmers on the team you'll get to enjoy the variety of working on lots of different areas of the game. It’s important that you take pride in your work, and know what it means to take responsibility and deliver quality and fun to players. You are comfortable taking a feature from an idea on a post-it to a fully working and polished implementation.
We offer you a chance to join a team of professionals, where we believe that talent feeds talent. We do not believe in bureaucracy or complicated processes. We believe game development is a team sport and work together to achieve the best results. All of us have a genuine chance to contribute to one of the world’s best mobile games. We believe in each other’s skills and value each other’s work. If these are values that you are passionate about, then you might just be the person we are looking for.
- Involvement in all areas of game development including programming of graphics, game logic, artificial intelligence, user interface and tools
- Support and contribute new ideas to game design
- Write robust code to be used by millions of users
- Independently create complete solutions from scratch
- Work as part of a team, but with plenty of opportunity to take responsibility on an individual level
- Wide understanding of different game technology areas (gameplay, graphics, tools etc.)
- Strong, professional experience using C++
- Ability to quickly get up to speed with existing code
- Passion for games
- Understanding/experience with any of the following is a plus: touch UI development, modern graphics technology, content driven systems, Free-to-Play model
We are a mobile game developer based in Helsinki, Finland, with offices in San Francisco, Seoul and Shanghai. Since our launch in 2010, we've released five games globally – Hay Day, Clash of Clans, Boom Beach, Clash Royale and Brawl Stars.
To make five games, we've killed dozens along the way. That's because we're obsessed with quality. Our goal is to make the best games – games that are played by millions, enjoyed for years and remembered forever. To achieve this goal, we create the best possible teams and give them the freedom and independence that are core to our success.
You might love it here...
If you love to think, talk, play and make games, Supercell is the place for you. We're made up of proactive, independent teams with the freedom to do what they think is best for their players, our games and the company at large. We know that it takes more than just independence to make great games, so we also take very good care of our people – providing them with the compensation, work environment and resources they need to succeed. Read More
This position is in Helsinki, but you're not?
Luckily, moving to Helsinki is easier than you might think. No matter where you would be moving from, our dedicated people will help you from beginning to end. We're here to make sure the process is as smooth as possible for you, your family and whoever and whatever you're bringing along. Read More
Your application has been successfully submitted.