Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Kabam Montreal would love to talk to you about our Gameplay programmer role - Especially if you have been making big console and mobile games for a while and want to level up with the best team in Montreal. To the point, we think you possess a strong technical background and a passion for game design. You're laser-focused on the details yet manage to think beyond the current state. Your superior programming skills set you apart along with your ability to collaborate with a variety of disciplines to create fantastic gameplay for the players.
You will be joining a team of Programmers and Engineers who work in a collaborative environment. You will be interacting on a daily basis with designers, artists, and other programmers to build gameplay features and create compelling experiences for players.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Architect and build screens, widgets, and other UI elements in an extensible way that is tunable by designers
- Work closely with producers, artists, designers and other programmers in a highly collaborative and agile environment
- Help build and support tools and pipelines that improve the workflows of artists, designers, and other programmers
In order to be successful for this role, we are looking for:
- Solid understanding of Unity and C# (C++ would be great but not necessary)
- Shipped multiple games over last 5+ years
- Solid debugging and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of UI technical best practices (Mobile and PC)
- Proven track record of working independently and collaboratively in a dynamic team setting
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A love for working in small teams making games
It will be a Plus if you also have:
- A formal education from a recognized University or College Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience with Unity GUI or NGUI frameworks
- Practical knowledge of the iOS and Android platforms
- Experience in performance profiling
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Familiar with tools like JIRA, Github/GitLab
Excited by this opportunity? We invite you to apply and start a conversation with us.
Together, we can create and support some of the best games ever made.
Kabam is a world leader of developing entertaining, immersive, and highly social multiplayer games for mobile devices. They merge consumer behaviour with the art of game design to create experiences that are enjoyed by millions of players across the globe. Each game has raised the benchmark in mobile gaming, bringing high-quality graphics, next-generation technology and revolutionary gameplay to the console in every player’s pocket.
Kabam has partnered with leading entertainment brands like Disney, Hasbro and Universal to create mobile games based on some of the world’s most iconic franchises.
Kabam’s games have generated hundreds of millions of downloads including Fast & Furious 6: The Game, Fast & Furious: Legacy, Marvel Contest of Champions, Transformers: Forged to Fight, Shop Titans and Mini Guns. These games have also received multiple awards such as Apple’s Editor’s Choice and Google Play’s Best Game of the Year.
Founded in 2006, Kabam has studios and offices in Vancouver, Montreal, Charlottetown, San Francisco and Austin. Kabam is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Netmarble Games.
Kabam is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to building a diverse and equitable workplace, and inclusive environment for all existing and potential employees. Employment decisions are based on candidate qualifications and business need, not race, color, ancestry, place of origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, political belief, religion, creed, marital or family status, medical condition, genetic information, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, prior criminal conviction or any other protected class in accordance with federal, state or provincial and local laws and ordinances. Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Your application has been successfully submitted.