Development QA Manager
Rockville, MD, USA
Bethesda Game Studios is looking for an experienced Development QA Manager to join our team that is pushing the bleeding-edge of RPG development for the PC and consoles. The Development QA Manager will work across multiple projects with internal and external QA Technicians to ensure and maintain a stringent level of quality across all of our games beginning early in the development cycle, continuing into long running live operations.
- Working with Production and other departments to ensure all projects are shipped on time with maximum quality and minimal defects.
- Providing clear direction for multiple test teams, both internal and external to deliver a clear and consistent vision for functionality, internal and platform holder standards, compatibility and QA localization.
- Usage of bug tracking tools to analyze and understand key metrics to inform stakeholders and facilitate decision making at all levels.
- Define best practices for testing, testing processes and testing tools to ensure our teams are working as efficiently and effectively as possible.
- At least 6 years’ experience in test roles in total.
- With a minimum of 3 years’ experience and 1 shipped title from start to finish in a leadership role working alongside development teams
- Strong leadership and organizational skills with the ability to inspire others
- Familiarity managing multiple on site and external test teams
- Proven experience hiring, training and mentoring other senior team members to build a strong team around them
- Experience using test automation systems (either off the shelf or custom) and involvement in helping define usage and drive adoption
- Experience with Live Operations and games as a service from a Quality Assurance perspective.
- Passion for Bethesda Game Studios Titles
We embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion in everything we do – from recruiting for our studios, publishing and operations to fostering safe and respectful workplaces that encourage collaboration. Our culture is based on principles of respect, inclusion, and fair treatment and we welcome anyone into our family without regard to race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, or age.
Our diversity fuels our innovation and inspires us to create game worlds that bring us closer to the global community of players we serve.
Your application has been successfully submitted.