Junior Backend Engineer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Do you want to be part of a worldwide mobile games leader? We are an international team of more than 330 talented SocialPointers, based in sunny & cosmopolitan Barcelona. We create amazing games, positioned in the top rankings of both iOS & Android, that are played & loved by over 50 million fans all over the world.
In 2017, we became part of the Take Two Interactive Family, that has legendary labels & studios such as Rockstar or 2K (GTA, Red Dead Redemption, Bioshock, NBA, X-Com...) & we have been expanding our activities ever since, as well as creating exciting new opportunities for super talented people to work with us!
Join the challenge & help us make this year the breakout year in mobile social gaming.
We're looking to welcome yet another talented Junior Backend Developer that will work on services for games that are played and loved by several million users every day, all over the world. Those services must scale-out to serve high users traffic every day and must be developed with the highest quality this competitive industry requires. We expect from our developers to keep our tech state-of-the-art and, at the same time, come up with great new ideas.
What will you do at Socialpoint?
- Our backend applications are developed using several technologies and programming languages (PHP, Golang, AWS EC2, Kubernetes, etc…), so you should not be afraid to work with our existing code, extend, maintain and continuously refactor the backend of our games.
- Your job is not only about coding. You will also have to work with other teams like mobile, analytics or systems to integrate your components, as well as writing technical designs, documentation, knowledge sharing and training other team members.
- As a backend engineer, you will also be part of our games team and work closely with game design, player experience, mobile, and other departments. You will be integrated with business decisions as part of our technology strategy.
What are we looking for?
- You’re familiar with languages like PHP, Python, Java, C#, Golang
- You have a public portfolio of programming projects or have collaborated in open source projects
- You’re interested in highly scalable, performant and reliable applications development
- You accept challenges: you’ll be happy to see our traffic doubling instead of being daunted
- You think outside the box & have the capacity to provide creative solution to day to day problems.
- Eagerness to learn & work in a team
- You are fluent in written and spoken English.
What’s in it for you as a SocialPointer?
Due to the COVID-19 crisis, we are working remotely until further notice. However, this hasn’t stopped us from offering these great benefits!
- You’ll get the newest & most powerful devices & equipment to work with, along with a Spotify Premium account.
- An impressive 25 days annual leave, not including public holidays!
- Private medical insurance, just in case!
- Monthly meal allowance
- Yearly parent pack
- Free Language Lessons.
- People development is key for us: an amazing training budget just for you & our internal mobility program offers real growth opportunities!
- Drop by our hairdresser’s for a trim (& forget your wallet).
And whenever we return to the office…..
- Monday breakfast + delicious daily lunch menus!
- Want to stay in shape? We have a new gym, football & basketball teams along with a fantastic physiotherapist.
- “An apple a day keeps the doctor away” so we get fresh fruit at the office every day!
- Monthly events are there to get you to know your colleagues.
- If you are new to sunny Barcelona you can also join our Newbies Club: we offer weekend activities once a month, Spanish lessons & help with all your boring paperwork!
The list just goes on & on... so get your game on & apply now!
Socialpoint is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. You’re welcome on the team no matter where you’re from, who you like, what you look like, or if you prefer Xbox over Playstation. It’s a trick question – mobile wins every time! We hire based on your qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities. Our games are for everyone, and so is our workplace.
Your application has been successfully submitted.