Business Development Manager
This job is no longer accepting applications.
A BIT ABOUT SEGA
SEGA is one of the leading interactive entertainment companies in the world, with our European HQ based in West London and our seven development studios spanning the UK, Bulgaria, France and Canada. Known for quality and creativity above all else, our studios include Sports Interactive, HARDlight, Amplitude Studios, Two Point Studios, The Creative Assembly and Relic Entertainment.
At the heart of SEGA is our publishing team based in London, where we help the studios bring their creative vision to life. Here we have a hardworking bunch of people spanning Tech, Sales, Marketing, Finance, QA and more.
Together, we drive the continued success and evolution of our Western business through living our company values of always collaborating, being entrepreneurial in spirit, having a winning mentality and focusing on uncompromising quality.
WORKING THE SEGA WAY
We believe that making the best games relies on having the best people, so we make sure that we look after ours, even more so with everyone working remotely during COVID-19…
- For our gaming buffs, you can get involved in our online gaming nights and free SEGA games on Steam
- Fitness fanatics will love our discounted gym membership and ride to work scheme. You can find your zen with our weekly virtual yoga classes as well as online physical therapy with our masseuse.
- We hold regular company updates to keep everyone in the loop and we stay connected with social events like virtual pub quizzes and art workshops
- We support your learning & development with access to online courses through Udemy, and webinars and resources on mental health and financial wellbeing
- When you’re in the virtual office, we’ll make sure you have everything you need when it comes to tech/furniture, and we pride ourselves on having flexible working hours to ensure that you have a life outside of your home office
- You'll have access to a comprehensive benefits package that includes life assurance, income protection, private healthcare & dental insurance schemes and an enhanced contributory pension scheme. We offer competitive salaries and a fantastic bonus scheme so that you can stay motivated and focused on making SEGA the best it can be
- We want people of all backgrounds to see themselves represented and included in our work, so we actively seek to diversify our team and bring more voices to the table. All applicants are welcome!
SEGA is seeking a Business Development Manager to help us drive success with the most strategic partners and influential gaming companies globally.
You will work in the Business Development team and interface with other key internal & external stakeholders our studios to execute and shape strategies as we expand our business with some of the world's biggest games and tech companies. You will play a key role in delivering new business opportunities and establishing deep and lasting partnerships.
- Identify and create new strategic partnership opportunities within the gaming space
- Establish and nurture relationships with key partners at every level
- Take full responsibility of implementing a business development strategy
- Communicate and work closely with various divisions (including IP owner, Commercial, Marketing, Finance, Legal and studios) and in a multicultural environment to gain support and articulate business terms for key initiatives and deals
- Draft, negotiate and fully execute on deal terms with partner companies in order to meet or exceed objectives
- Support business development team with planning, forecasting and data analysis
- Effectively communicate ideas, plans and results to executives and key decision makers
- Identify and report on local market and industry trends
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Prior experience working within a business development role
- Demonstratable experience with forecasting/modeling.
- Executive contacts at the key players and ability to network
- Proven ability to structure, execute and develop complex strategic partnerships that create significant value for SEGA, its partners and stakeholders
- Proven track record of consistently meeting or exceeding objectives and promoting and maintaining partner satisfaction
- Very good communication and presentation skills (PowerPoint Ninja)
Your application has been successfully submitted.