This job is no longer accepting applications.
Scopely is looking for a Creative Director to join the Marvel Strike Force team. The ideal candidate has experience leading a game design team in RPG or strategy genres, and has a strong voice when representing the vision of a holistic game experience. Additionally, the candidate will be an avid player of RPG’s, strategy, and action games across multiple platforms.
What you will do:
- Provide clear direction to the system design, combat gameplay, and mission design teams to ensure a rich, engrossing game experience compatible with free-to-play business objectives.
- Coordinate with studio and IP partners to bring the MARVEL world to life for our players.
- Guide the development of game modes, economic systems, and upcoming features.
- Be a positive influence on the entire team and evangelize the ultimate promise to deliver a fun experience.
What you will need:
- 10+ years’ experience in the games industry working in a design capacity, and meaningful contributions to multiple shipped titles.
- Experience leading a creative team.
- Strong understanding of design processes and issues including player engagement, combat structure, pacing, environmental storytelling, testing, etc.
- Ability to self-critique and accept outside critique.
- Ability to pitch game design concepts in a clear, detailed manner, through strong written and verbal skills.
- A team player-mindset, understanding the importance of collaboration, and ability to communicate effectively with all disciplines and departments.
- A positive, solution-oriented attitude and passion about the play experience, with a wealth of knowledge across a wide range of games.
- Ability to learn and master new tools and techniques.
Would Love to See
- A deep understanding of social, mobile, and free-to-play game systems and economies.
- A passion for Marvel comics and movies.
- Experience collaborating with the product and live-ops teams for a live game.
- Experience shipping a game for mobile platforms or built on the Unity engine.
Your application has been successfully submitted.