Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain
At Scopely we are searching for a driven Senior DevOps Engineer to join the platform team, providing the different infrastructure needs for the company in Barcelona.
As part of the platform, you will join a great team of engineers who provide technology to help studios build and operate games faster and better. Scopely’s slate of live and future titles are built on a common technology platform, which enables the business to scale to millions of DAU, provides powerful tools to manage and operate the live games, and accelerates development.
With over 100M+ users across seven #1 mobile games, a career at Scopely offers countless ways to have a huge impact with a small and collaborative team of engineers. Our team at Scopely is building systems to support millions of players in dozens of top mobile games, helping us understand how to improve each title and the in-game experience of each player. We enjoy challenging work, but try to find simple solutions. When you join our growing team, you can expect to own your work from ideation and product definition through production deployment and continued feature maturation. We’re looking for people who take pride in their work and seeing it impact real people.
What you will do:
- Define and execute a devops roadmap for continuously improving the platform infrastructure
- Provide tooling to standardise and ease the development and monitoring of scalable and reliable production systems.
- Work together with several engineering teams to define and work on improvements to their overall infrastructure, including execution engine (Kubernetes), automation and building infrastructure, deployment systems and underlying AWS configuration.
- Contribute to a devops culture where teams are autonomous and are able to fully support their own services by providing know-how, general guidance and engaging engineers to contribute to the devops ecosystem.
What you will need:
- Experience working closely with end users and customers (mostly engineers) to build infrastructure capabilities that are adapted to their needs
- Experience designing and building reliable and fault tolerant, yet simple and easy to operate applications and systems
- Expertise in one or more of Java, Go, Python, or other scripting languages
- Full professional command of English
- Degree in computer science, engineering, or related field or equivalent work experience
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience
And if you have some of the below skills, we definitely want to hear from you!
- Containers and Kubernetes cluster management experience
- Infrastructure management (Cloudformation, Terraform, etc.)
- Application deployment and monitoring (Spinnaker, Datadog, etc.)
- AWS services or Google Cloud Platform
Life @ Scopely BCN
- Competitive compensation package, including base + bonus
- Private health insurance 100% covered for you and private life insurance
- Free catered lunches daily + Fully Stocked Kitchen with unlimited snacks and drinks
- Flex Retribution
- Small team environment with opportunity for growth and ownership
At Scopely, we want individuals to bring their unique experiences to the table. Who you are, where you come from, what you look like, and the kinds of people (and games) you love create a unique perspective that can enrich our games and our culture. With more voices like yours, our company can flourish.
Scopely is a leading mobile games company home to many top-grossing, award-winning franchises including Star Trek™ Fleet Command, Looney Tunes™ World of Mayhem, WWE Champions 2019, The Walking Dead: Road To Survival™, YAHTZEE® With Buddies and Wheel of Fortune®: Free Play, among others. Scopely creates rewarding, immersive games that empower a directed-by-consumer experience. Founded in 2011, Scopely is fueled by a world-class team and a proprietary technology platform that personalizes gameplay at scale across one of the most diversified portfolios in the west. Recognized in Fast Company’s ‘World’s Most Innovative Companies’ and #2 on Deloitte’s ‘Technology Fast 500’ as one of the fastest-growing companies in North America, Scopely has achieved more than $1 billion in lifetime revenue by creating game experiences that are an important part of people’s lives. With global operations in Los Angeles, Barcelona and Dublin (DIGIT Games Studios), and additional studios in seven countries across four continents, Scopely has raised more than $250 million in financing from global entertainment and technology investors.
Scopely is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, family or parental status, gender identity, veteran, or disability status, or other protected status.
Candidate information will be treated in accordance with our candidate privacy notice which can be found here: https://scopely.com/scopely-candidate-privacy-notice/
Your application has been successfully submitted.