Steam Partner Technical Account Manager
This job is no longer accepting applications.
As a member of the Steam Business team, you are responsible for running Steam. Along with the rest of the team, the work you do will directly impact millions of players worldwide, and we will ensure that Steam remains the best place for our partners to sell their games and for customers to buy and play them!
This role is an exciting blend of software engineer, platform advocate, business development, and producer. You will collaborate with teams at Valve and partners around the world to publish and market content, develop Steam features, debug problems with Steam services, and build events and promotions. You will work to ensure that games are well-integrated with Steam platform features and provide the best possible experience to customers. Our partners will rely on you to assist with the integration of Steamworks features, general technical issues, and business decisions.
The Steam client and SDK are written in C++, so a proven understanding of that language is important. Experience with game platform SDKs and game engines is helpful, but not a requirement. You'll need excellent communication and prioritization skills combined with a clear focus on providing a high-quality customer experience. We depend on your ability to be self-directed while still providing excellent service to our partners.
- Advising existing and prospective Steamworks partners about potential opportunities and collaborating with them to integrate Steamworks features with their products.
- Supporting our community of developers and publishers, both one-on-one and through open forums.
- Improving the Steam store for customers and partners by developing and implementing promotional vehicles.
- Crafting and enforcing policies for Steamworks partner behavior.
- Creation and maintenance of Steamworks documentation.
- Proven C++, C# or PHP development skills. You will be asked multiple problem solving and coding questions during the interview process.
- Passion for the games industry! You know what's happening, what's hot, what's newsworthy and why.
- Demonstrated proficiency presenting technical issues to both lay and specialist audiences.
Your application has been successfully submitted.