Sr. QA Tester
Las Vegas, NV, USA
Machine Zone (An AppLovin Company) is a global leader in mobile gaming, with a track record of delivering some of the world’s most successful mobile games including Game of War, Mobile Strike and Final Fantasy XV: A New Empire. We combine the power of technology and creative vision to create experiences that connect people from all corners of the globe. Machine Zone was acquired by AppLovin in May 2020.
AppLovin is one of Inc.’s Best Workplaces and a recipient of the 2019 Glassdoor Top CEO employee’s choice award. The San Francisco Business Times awarded AppLovin one of the Bay Area’s Best Places to Work in 2019 and 2020, and the Workplace Wellness Award in 2019 which recognizes businesses that are leaders in improving worker well-being.
Machine Zone, creator of the top 5 grossing iOS game, Game of War is hiring for our QA team!
Are you excited about being part of a Mobile QA team that is passionate about games and thrives on being challenged by cutting-edge technology? Then this is the perfect opportunity for you! As a QA Sr. Tester you will ensure that content enjoyed by thousands of people everyday is released with the utmost quality. Being a part of QA at MZ allows you to think outside the box when it comes to testing games, be collaborative with development and most importantly gives you an opportunity to have your voice heard within a very team focused environment!
- Own and specialize in specific areas of complex testing
- Be the Primary Point of Contact for specific features or entire projects between External Testers and Internal Development Partners
- Create and execute test cases on multiple feature for Top Grossing Mobile Games
- Learn and utilize tools to assist with test cases, in-game events and sales testing
- Communicating with engineers, designers and project managers on the status of test cases, deployment status and Live game issues
- Mentor, train and assist QA Testers in multiple areas of the game and company
- Back up QA Lead by assisting with reports, scrums and communication
- Clearly communicate with multiple offices and shifts and ensuring smooth transitions when handing off responsibilities
- 4+ years of QA experience working in a team oriented environment
- 2+ years as a QA Tester or similar role in charge of a multi-faceted QA team
- Experience within the gaming industry a plusKnowledge of Jira and experience with issue tracking/project management tools a must
- Previous experience in mobile games and/or online communities a plus
- Experience with Agile (Scrum) methodologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A focused and proactive approach towards QA, with the ability to work under pressure
- Able to adapt and pivot in a fast paced environment
- Must be innovative, proactive, and flexible
- Passion for games and cutting-edge technology!
AppLovin is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Your application has been successfully submitted.