Senior Software Engineer, Unity Developer
Austin, TX, USA
Machine Zone (An AppLovin Company) is a global leader in mobile gaming, with a track record of delivering some of the world’s most successful mobile games including Game of War, Mobile Strike and Final Fantasy XV: A New Empire. We combine the power of technology and creative vision to create experiences that connect people from all corners of the globe. Machine Zone was acquired by AppLovin in May 2020.
AppLovin is one of Inc.’s Best Workplaces and a recipient of the 2019 Glassdoor Top CEO employee’s choice award. The San Francisco Business Times awarded AppLovin one of the Bay Area’s Best Places to Work in 2019 and 2020, and the Workplace Wellness Award in 2019 which recognizes businesses that are leaders in improving worker well-being.
Machine Zone Game Studio is seeking full-time engineers to join development of our next generation multi-platform games. We are looking for talented individuals to help us build compelling games connecting millions of players around the world. You will work across a range of technology stacks and use your deep understanding of scalability and parallelization to develop massive games. We need self-motivated engineers excited to work directly on critical features and mechanics. Join now for a unique opportunity that pushes the bounds of mobile gaming.
What you'll be doing:
- Own game features through every step of the development process, from initial design all the way to live game support
- Work closely with game designers, artists and other technical groups to implement large-scale game features
- Ship code that impacts millions of people and push boundaries of concurrent feature interaction
- Learn new algorithms, languages, techniques, processes or methodologies
- Identify and address performance bottlenecks
- Build efficient and reusable systems
- Move fast and create long lasting, highly successful products
Your background and who you are:
- 8+ years of professional software development experience
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
- Must be proactive, self-directed and organized
- Proficient using at least one mainstream language such as C# or PHP
- Knowledge of relational databases and SQL, preferably MySQL
- Experience developing frameworks and tools in Unity
- Experience developing mobile games with C# in Unity
- Experience optimizing Unity Games for performance on mobile platforms.
- Experience with server side game architecture AND/OR client heavy game development
- 3D game development
- Multiplayer game development
- Experience using C# and/or PHP to write non trivial applications
- Passion for all things gaming
AppLovin is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Your application has been successfully submitted.