This job is no longer accepting applications.
DEPARTMENT: Marketing Creative
REPORTING TO: Capture Team Lead
Activision Blizzard, Inc., a member of the S&P 500, is the world’s most successful standalone interactive entertainment company. We delight hundreds of millions of monthly active users around the world through franchises including Activisionʹs Call of Duty®, Destiny and Skylanders®, Blizzardʹs World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Hearthstone®, Diablo®, StarCraft®, and Heroes of the Storm®, and Kingʹs Candy Crush™, Pet Rescue™, Bubble Witch™ and Farm Heroes™. The company is one of the Fortune ʺ100 Best Companies to Work For®ʺ. Headquartered in Santa Monica, California, Activision Blizzard has operations throughout the world, and its games are played in 196 countries. More information about Activision Blizzard and its products and services can be found on the company’s website, www.activisionblizzard.com
This role is responsible for spearheading Marketing Creative’s in-game photography efforts. This includes creating screenshots, gifs, and design assets for marketing, promotional and in-game usage.
This role includes but is not limited to the following tasks/duties:
- Creating screenshots in debug game builds and in-engine
- Creating lighting rooms in-engine to accelerate asset creation pipeline
- Explore creative new ways to photograph game content
- Implement feedback from creative leads and customer groups
- Organize, archive, and back up assets to networked servers
- Troubleshoot technical issues with development software and hardware
- Look for efficiencies and give suggestions for improvements to various game debug systems
- Attend review sessions with clients to gather feedback and incorporate into future captures
- Other duties, as assigned
- A passion for video games is a must
- Strong understanding of composition, lighting, and color theory in visual media
- Strong working knowledge of cameras including depth of field, aperture, focus, lenses, ISO, etc
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom and Bridge
- Basic understanding of video game graphics technology: textures, post processing fx, light-baking and GI
- Experience working with Unreal Engine 4 or Unity is a major plus
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and prioritize projects
- Strong technical and troubleshooting skills with both PC and consoles
- Portfolio of relevant photography or artwork
- College degree in the requisite field or equivalent work experience preferred
- Experience working in the video game industry a big plus
- We’re headquartered in Santa Monica, California, housing multiple teams across many disciplines of Marketing, PR, Sales, Supply Chain and other corporate functions such as HR, IT, Legal, Facilities and Finance. Santa Monica is the nerve center of our company, where the best ideas combine with unrivalled rigor to create the biggest and best entertainment experiences in the world.
- The video game industry and therefore our business are fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Your application has been successfully submitted.