Development Manager II, China Games Team
This job is no longer accepting applications.
As a Development Manager at Riot, you lead multiple cross-disciplined teams in delivering products and features to our players from ideation to deployment. You’re passionate about understanding the needs of customers, the health of the team, the direction of the business, and how to translate that understanding into outstanding delivery of products.
As the Development Manager II on the China Game Operations team, you will lead delivery and operations for games that launched or will launch in China and will report to the Supervisor, Product Management. You will lead delivery on defined outcomes and measures of success through the improvement of the teams' efficacy. You will coach the teams and your partners to improve their delivery operations.
- Build and operate repeatable and efficient product/project planning processes for the China Game Operations team within larger organizational work systems at Riot Games.
- Coach teams and collaborators on rituals/processes such as planning, daily stand-ups, demos, reviews, and retrospectives
- Promote internal understanding and delivery of outcomes
- Work with Product Manager to manage the epic/opportunity backlog according to strategic priorities; break down strategic goals into team goals and user stories
- Ensure risks around development progress, velocity, team health, and product evaluations (Indicators/Goals) are identified, assessed, communicated, and managed
- Manage communications strategy with teams, peers, organizational leaders, partners, and customers on progress, issues, and manage expectations.
- Coordinate with other team leads to manage staffing and resource needs
- Communicate and report outcomes and results to leadership
- Assess and ensure team health, composition, cohesion, and focus
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years of experience managing empowered, Agile teams to achieve large-scale product outcomes
- Fluent in Chinese and English, and can promote collaboration across language and culture
- Experienced partner management and relationship-building skills
- Willingness to travel to China, several times a year
- Master's degree in a technology or business-related field
- Experience designing work systems on the team of teams, team, and pod level
- Expertise with scaled Agile process and practices: Nexus Scrum, LeSS, SaFE, etc
- Experience with direct leadership and leading through leaders
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, and a collaborative spirit that prioritizes the delight of players. We will look at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive many applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you Dare to Dream and Execute with Excellence.
Your application has been successfully submitted.