Art Lead - League of Legends
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Established in 2020, the Singapore Studio is Riot’s second international game development studio. Working together with our Hong Kong Studio, Riot has been expanding our footprint in Asia and accelerating our talent growth to develop games that deliver great experiences to our players. Our mission is to “scale Riot’s games to hyper-serve players.”
We partner with our LA headquarters on game development for League of Legends, Teamfight Tactics, and Legends of Runeterra. We’re also building teams for VALORANT and Project L, our take on a fighting game. The Singapore Studio is seeking talented, passionate Rioters with backgrounds in all areas of game development to build games that make it better to be a player.
We’re focused on working together to promote individual autonomy, ownership, collaboration, and inclusivity, so every Rioter can be their best while we boldly pursue games.
That's where you come in.
As an Art Lead for the League of Legends team, you will be directly responsible for the production of high quality art content for multiple personalisation products. Your consistent high standards and attention to detail will ensure that the personalisation content your team produces meets the very high expectations of our players. You’ll build a high performing remote team, and using your broad knowledge of the art, craft and tech of games production, support and direct them through the process of making awesome stuff.
- As the overall Art Lead on several products, you will oversee the quality of the work that your remote team will deliver, direct their day to day activities, and set the bar for excellence
- You will be ultimately responsible for the final quality of the content your multidisciplinary team produces, guiding concept and design explorations, shepherding that design intent through an efficient production process, and ensuring that the content is bug free whilst responding to player feedback
- You will build a world class team by sourcing AAA talent in China, and develop and grow their craft skills through training and feedback
- You will collaborate with Rioters both in Singapore and worldwide, to make sure product goals are fulfilled, all stakeholder are satisfied, and that working practices are efficient and aligned with the needs of the game
- You will accomplish your mission with complete autonomy if the need arises; you're dedicated in finding creative and effective solutions to vigilantly eliminate difficult problems
- Excellent art directorial skills, experience as an art director, art lead or vision holder.
- Extreme proficiency in art fundamentals, especially color design
- Proven experience leading/mentoring teams and individuals. Growth minded and motivated towards teaching, enabling, and coaching other Illustrators
- Experience giving thorough direction and delivering timely, clear feedback
- Familiar with League of Legends - the game, its art style, its products, its players and community
- A strong communicator and able to convey abstract/sophisticated ideas in a concise way, in English or in Chinese
- Experience teaching Art, and Illustration in particular, on-line or in person
- Broad experience, working with art production end-to-end
- Concept design experience
- Mandarin speaker
- Full relocation support
- Full health insurance for you, your spouse and children
- Open paid time off
- Retirement benefits with company matching
- Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability
- Play Fund so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games
- We will double down on your donations of time and money to non-profits
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.
As a part of the application process, candidates are expected to provide a portfolio of their work and may be asked to complete an art test.
Your application has been successfully submitted.