Unity Game Solution Engineer IV-1 (Lead Unity Game Solution Engineer)
Big Fish Games
Seattle, WA, USA
Life at Big Fish Games
Big Fish Games is an innovative developer and world-class publisher of a diverse portfolio of casual game franchises, including Big Fish Casino, Gummy Drop!, Fairway Solitaire, Jackpot Magic Slots and Cooking Craze. Founded in 2002, we serve millions of players every day and are dedicated to providing players with the opportunity to play, connect, compete and discover anywhere and on any device. We are dedicated to enhancing life through exceptional play.
Our four core beliefs are what makes working at Big Fish Games unique. We believe in a work environment that:
- Creates opportunities for impact
- Shares a passion for challenge
- Cultivates a spirit of creativity
- Thrives through collaboration
Technical Partners for our Game Teams
The BigFish GameOn group needs a highly capable Unity Game Solution Engineer IV to act as a technical partner to our game production and development teams. You will act as a technical system integrator, troubleshooter and analyst, and draw on your broad knowledge of software development to assist our game teams with a wide variety of technical challenges.
Some of our games are already big success stories with millions of active users and tens of millions in annual revenues, while others are aiming to be the next big hit! Your engineering contributions can help our game teams move faster and overcome obstacles on the journey to greater success.
This job requires a broad set of software engineering skills, a flexible mindset and a willingness to dive in and solve technical problems as they arise. The Game Solution Engineer must have good communication skills, know how and when to escalate issues, and have the ability and persistence to track down the answers to difficult software issues.
As a Unity Game Solution Engineer IV, you will serve as an in-house technical expert for our internal game production teams as they work with our third party development studios to maximize the potential of our games. You will be the primary technical liaison, troubleshooter and consultant for one or more of our game teams and will become a trusted partner when engineering decisions are made. Responsibilities and opportunities also include the possibility of remote travel to interface directly with development teams to help evangelize our solutions, share roadmaps and priorities, and personalize our mission to provide white glove technical treatment to our partners.
If working with and supporting game teams at the technical intersection of business, production and game systems intrigues you, then this could be the right job for you.
What you will do:
- Partner with game teams, product teams, engineering teams, and support teams to provide the best possible technical solutions and to firefight issues as our games move through multiple stages of their life cycle.
- Help our game teams integrate and maintain a variety of different SDK and middleware systems that provide essential business, monitoring and operational capabilities that are crucial to a game’s success.
- Become an expert on Big Fish Games technical products, services, and best practices so these solutions provide maximal value to our game teams.
- Be able to deal with ambiguity and think creatively to ensure the success of our 3rd party development partners.
- Be flexible in order to adapt to the shifting priorities that come from working with the complexities of game development and live game operations.
- Effectively communicate with technical and non-technical parties to ensure understanding of priorities, services, features and business requirements.
- Gather feedback from our game developer partners and help improve our processes and documentation.
- Become familiar with the game’s codebase in order to offer technical advice or help troubleshoot issues.
- Be a self-starter and personalize your approach to supporting game teams.
- Assume a leadership role when it comes to a game’s technical issues. Help the team understand Big Fish tech initiatives. Convey priorities and deadlines. Proactively find solutions for problems and obstacles.
- Lead level software engineering experience.
- Multiple years of Unity engine experience, including building clients with both Xcode and Android Studio.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, both spoken and written.
- Enjoy working with people and troubleshooting problems.
- A passion and ability to understand complex technical systems and be able to navigate them.
- A service oriented attitude and confidence in your skills that allows you to build and maintain trust with our game teams.
- A proactive mindset that helps you surface problems and leads you to find solutions.
- Prior customer facing or support experience
- Experience integrating complex third-party SDKs
- Experience with complex APIs
- Experience with server side development
- An understanding of server systems and how they interact with games
Big Fish Games is an equal opportunity employer. We bring unique talents together to build something special that’s why we welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
- World Leader in Gaming Entertainment
- Robust benefits package
- Global career opportunities
- Our core values: All about the player, Talent Unleashed, Collective Brilliance and Good Business, Good Citizen
Our Winning Ways
- Unite - Come together as one team, with one vision
- Develop - Empower, inspire and grow our people
- Deliver - Execute with excellence, be accountable for results
- Play - Be creative, celebrate success
The US based roles may require registration with the Nevada Gaming Control Board (NGCB) and/or other gaming jurisdictions in which we operate.
Your application has been successfully submitted.