Senior iOS Engineer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Life at Big Fish Games
Big Fish Games is an innovative developer and world-class publisher of a diverse portfolio of casual game franchises, including EverMerge, Big Fish Casino, Gummy Drop!, Fairway Solitaire, Jackpot Magic Slots and Cooking Craze. Founded in 2002, we serve millions of players every day and are dedicated to providing players with the opportunity to play, connect, compete and discover anywhere and on any device. We are dedicated to enhancing life through exceptional play.
Our four core beliefs are what makes working at Big Fish Games unique. We believe in a work environment that:
- Creates opportunities for impact
- Shares a passion for challenge
- Cultivates a spirit of creativity
- Thrives through collaboration
The Big Fish SDK team is seeking an experienced iOS Engineer to lead our iOS SDK development to extend and improve the architecture and functionality. We are looking for a software engineer with extensive experience in iOS, in particular designing software systems, building XCFrameworks, creating developer facing-APIs, and staying ahead of the changes coming from Apple. This individual should have extensive experience working with projects for iOS. We’re a fast-moving team with an opportunity for this individual to bring our publishing software to the next level. The impact you will have in this role is compounded by the scale at which Big Fish operates -- your code will be running on millions of devices. Empowering developers is one of our top priorities, if you are passionate about building foundation software solutions and have the depth of mobile experience to design and deliver an SDK for developers around the world, then this position might be perfect for you.
- Leading the design and implementation of new features for all Big Fish developers
- Solidifying an existing CI/CD pipeline for iOS builds
- Tackling iOS related challenges when working with Unity
- Bringing your iOS experience to continuously drive improvements in Big Fish’s mobile investments
- Expert level experience with XCBuild
- Writing tests for existing and new iOS code
- Working with internal and external partners to create new APIs for game developers
REQUIRED ABILITIES, ACHIEVEMENTS, AND XP
- 4+ years of iOS application development experience
- Expert coding abilities in Objective-C or Swift
- Adept with performance testing and tuning via Xcode
- Strong OO design and coding skills
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, and willingness to help debug difficult issues
- Experience working on a development team that practices Agile/Scrum methodologies
- 6+ years as a software engineer working on iOS
- Experience creating software libraries / frameworks meant for consumption by a 3rd party
- Exposure to the Unity platform, build process and interoperability between mobile and Unity
- Strong architecture, analytical and design skills
- Experience using Jenkins, Github Actions, and Fastlane for deployments
- Experience porting existing Objective-C code to Swift & working with legacy codebases
- Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
Big Fish Games is an equal opportunity employer. We bring unique talents together to build something special that’s why we welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
- World Leader in Gaming Entertainment
- Robust benefits package
- Global career opportunities
- Our core values: All about the player, Talent Unleashed, Collective Brilliance and Good Business, Good Citizen
Our Winning Ways
- Unite - Come together as one team, with one vision
- Develop - Empower, inspire and grow our people
- Deliver - Execute with excellence, be accountable for results
- Play - Be creative, celebrate success
The US based roles may require registration with the Nevada Gaming Control Board (NGCB) and/or other gaming jurisdictions in which we operate.
Your application has been successfully submitted.