Mobile Design Intern
Novato, CA, USA
WHO WE ARE:
2K is a leading global developer and publisher of some of today’s most popular games and is most well-known for several of its critically-acclaimed franchises, including NBA 2K, Borderlands, BioShock, Mafia, WWE 2K, Sid Meier’s Civilization, XCOM, PGA TOUR 2K and more.
WHAT WE NEED
We are looking for a passionate Game Design Intern to join our Mobile Team! This position will work with producers, designers, product managers, and artists to assist in various tasks; feature design, game research, content and quest design. The ideal candidate should have a strong understanding of mobile F2P games, possess enthusiasm for learning, and have an understanding of game design theory and philosophy.
This position is a paid, college credit opportunity.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
Reporting to our Director of Game Design, you will:
- Learn about the mobile industry and how it operates
- Help generate content for our various titles
- Analyze mobile games and break down the system and feature sets
- Provide feedback for art and story
- Grow as a mobile game designer
- Help create various art concepts
- Draft systems, story and wireframes for some early game concepts
WHO WE THINK WILL BE A GREAT FIT:
- You are enrolled in either a college or university at the time of the internship
- Passionate about creating compelling mobile experiences with balanced F2P monetization
- Ability to find new opportunities for improvements and additions within a game
- Proficient in building wireframes, GDDs, and feature specifications. Adept at using tools or software for designing games
- A good team player with excellent communication and presentation skills. Experience working with engineers, artists, and other designers
- Very strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Has a data-driven mindset when it comes to retention, engagement and monetization
- Possess the ability to model complex systems in Excel or other tools
- Able to prioritize tasks and remain productive with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment across multiple projects
Preferred / Bonus Skills:
- Knowledge of theories of gameplay systems and up to date understanding of the mobile gaming space
- Knowledge and love for the 2K franchise and IPs - from sports to strategy
- Passion for mobile gaming
Your application has been successfully submitted.