EN Editor (freelance)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Wargaming is looking to hire a Localization QA Engineer/ EN Editor to join the Localization & Documentation Department responsible for localizing all the company's products and connecting to a huge player community in their native language.
As the Localization QA Engineer/ EN Editor you will be part of the Loc and Doc team. Localization and cultural adaptation of games, apps, and websites are the backbone of the work we do, and our task is to speak the language of players, taking into account the specifics of every region. This helps us to create the multicultural Wargaming universe that unites our players all over the world.
To be successful, previous experience in translating, editing, and proofreading, as well as a passion for games are required.
The Localization QA Engineer/ EN Editor will report to the Localization QA Team Lead.
What will you do?
- Edit and proofread game and web content in EN for Wargaming titles (mainly World of Tanks).
- Edit and proofread all marketing materials (PRMPs, Notifications, Bundles, Offers, Specials), video scripts, new entries to tankopedia, event/tournament regulations, news articles, UX surveys.
- Perform the EN linguistic testing covering the translation completeness, spelling, grammar, punctuation, style and consistency.
- Open and resolve linguistic bugs, generate QA reports.
- Stay up to date with all new features and updates of company products.
- Maintain a consistent style throughout all game, web, and promotional content.
- Collaborate with different departments, QA specialists, and localization managers.
What are we looking for?
- Native written and verbal communication skills in English language
- Experience as a translator/localization specialist/editor
- Good knowledge of Wargaming products (World of Tanks)
- Team player with a high level of self-organization and a collaborative ability
- Quality-oriented attitude
- Attention to detail
What additional skills will help you stand out?
- Experience working in a multilingual and multicultural environment
- Experience with using translation/localization suites
- Familiarity with the online gaming industry
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus. Delivering legendary games since 1998, Wargaming has grown to become one of the leaders in the free-to-play MMO gaming industry with 4500+ employees and more than 20 offices globally. Over 200 million players enjoy Wargaming’s titles across all major gaming platforms, including the massively popular World of Tanks and World of Warships.
Working in our company means always having interesting challenges and gaining valuable experience while working with top-class experts.
Take your place among our passionate and experienced team and bring out the best in yourself at Wargaming!
Your application has been successfully submitted.