Senior Economy Designer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Kabam designers are focused on making incredible experiences for hundreds of millions of players. Our Economy Designers understand how a game works as a service, taking it one step further and analyzing how players behave. Diving deep into data, our Economy Designers identify and develop monetization strategies, in the game economy context, working closely with our high-functioning Live Operations and Data Science teams. With consistent data-driven business-sense, you will also contribute to overall design, tuning and pricing to develop compelling games enjoyed by players around the world.
Sound like a match? Kabam is looking for a Senior Economy Designer to join us!
We don’t just make games, we play and love them too.
Your day to day duties include:
- Collaborating with an extremely talented team of Engineers, Data Scientists, and Live Operations to create addictive, compelling player experiences that will delight users for years.
- Providing input on the game’s vision and helping champion that vision to other team members by identifying potential sales drivers.
- Designing rules and parameters for features and systems.
- Designing, implementing, tuning and balancing game systems, economies and progression, gathering feedback and adjusting the design accordingly.
- Creating design docs, drawings, diagrams, flowcharts, and any other necessary documents to communicate design functionality and vision.
- Continually iterating, balancing and tuning features and gameplay based on feedback from the game teams, user testing and the broader player community.
- Defining the virtual products and their statistics with the development team, and understanding how each of them contributes to the game dynamics.
- Building free-to-play mobile games that the world loves to play.
This is a position requiring a mix of strong economy and marketing knowledge with a passion for analytical game design and the emerging free-to-play business model.
Your background includes:
- 4+ years experience as a Systems Designer, with fluency in F2P. Economy design background is certainly an added bonus!
- Post-secondary education in Game Design, Economics, Mathematics, Marketing...or some kind of combination of the above. ● Spreadsheet wizardry.
- Thorough understanding and appreciation of game design. As a player, you have a deep understanding of build needs and emotions in the context of a game.
- Incredibly analytical thinking with the ability to break problems down.
- Market-knowledge that equips you with monetization strategies to improve performance in the game.
- Passion for games on all existing formats: board games, card games, sports, paper RPGs, gambling, all genres of video games with special focus on MMOs and competitive games
Together, we can create and support some of the best games ever made.
Kabam is a world leader of developing entertaining, immersive, and highly social multiplayer games for mobile devices. They merge consumer behaviour with the art of game design to create experiences that are enjoyed by millions of players across the globe. Each game has raised the benchmark in mobile gaming, bringing high-quality graphics, next-generation technology and revolutionary gameplay to the console in every player’s pocket.
Kabam has partnered with leading entertainment brands like Disney, Hasbro and Universal to create mobile games based on some of the world’s most iconic franchises.
Kabam’s games have generated hundreds of millions of downloads including Fast & Furious 6: The Game, Fast & Furious: Legacy, Marvel Contest of Champions, Transformers: Forged to Fight, Shop Titans and Mini Guns. These games have also received multiple awards such as Apple’s Editor’s Choice and Google Play’s Best Game of the Year.
Founded in 2006, Kabam has studios and offices in Vancouver, Montreal, Charlottetown, San Francisco and Austin. Kabam is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Netmarble Games.
Kabam is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to building a diverse and equitable workplace, and inclusive environment for all existing and potential employees. Employment decisions are based on candidate qualifications and business need, not race, color, ancestry, place of origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, political belief, religion, creed, marital or family status, medical condition, genetic information, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, prior criminal conviction or any other protected class in accordance with federal, state or provincial and local laws and ordinances. Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Your application has been successfully submitted.