3D Animator – Star Wars
This job is no longer accepting applications.
We are BossAlien, part of the NaturalMotion family. Our mission is to bring AAA console visuals and deep compelling gameplay to mobile platforms. For the past three years NaturalMotion Studios have been named one of the Best Places to Work in the UK games industry by gamesindustry.biz.
Note: Please include the link to your portfolio when submitting your application
We are looking for 3D Animator to join us at BossAlien, a division of NaturalMotion, in creating Star Wars™: Hunters, a competitive arena combat game for the Nintendo Switch system and mobile devices. Star Wars: Hunters will bring players together to engage in thrilling, squad-based, multiplayer battles featuring a diverse array of distinctive new Star Wars characters.
You’ll be joining our dedicated Animation Team responsible for building expressive and joyful animations that “wow” our players. We’ll help you develop and hone your skills and talents, learn from the experience and expertise of your peers, and collaborate with our Concept Artists and Modellers to craft truly inspiring characters.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
Responsible for crafting work consistently, and ensuring that each animation has the right expressiveness and personality, to support the game’s vision.
You will build outstanding and diverse animations, from initial roughs to final quality. Collaborating daily with members of our Design and Engineering teams, to drive forward phenomenal quality standards.
Required Skills & Experience
- Prior experience working as a 3D Animator in games
- Knowledgeable in hand-keyed and motion-captured animation
- Knowledge of in-game engine implementation
- Strong understanding of core animation principles, such as ‘timing’ and ‘weight’
- Deep understanding of human and animal body mechanics and anatomy
- Passionate about the art and culture of animation.
- Self-motivated and strong time-management skills
- Able to productively collaborate with Engineers, Designers, and Producers to ensure a consistent game vision
- A keen eye for production and pipeline issues, with the ability to recommend and advocate for improvements when appropriate
- Comfortable participating in reviews; able to respond to critical feedback in a professional manner, and to contribute constructive feedback to your peers
- Possessing an excellent portfolio that accurately demonstrates talents and ability
- Strong proficiency with Maya
- Experience in working with and optimising motion-capture data
- Self-organised and happy to participate in team meetings
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Knowledge of Unreal Blueprint system
- Prior experience building productive relationships with external teams
- A passion for games and Star Wars
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme and Zynga stock allowance.
- Create next-gen games that will be played and loved by millions of players around the world.
- Work in a family-friendly, collaborative team that invests in your development and growth on-the-job.
- A diverse team of friendly, fun and supportive co-workers.
- Flexible working hours & crunch-free working culture.
- Communal music and laid-back atmosphere.
- Summer/Christmas parties and Happy Hour in the studio each Friday.
- 25 days holiday plus Christmas shutdown and public holiday.
- Private medical care and healthcare cash plan.
- Life insurance and critical illness insurance.
- 6 months fully paid maternity leave or 3 months fully paid paternity leave.
- Annual rail season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme.
- Well stocked office kitchen and free Monday studio lunch.
NaturalMotion is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, pregnancy, marital status or veteran status.
Your application has been successfully submitted.