QA Engineer (MetaHuman / Unreal)
Manchester, United Kingdom
Check out this video that showcases a first look at the MetaHuman Creator tool: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3F1vZYpH8c&t=10s
What makes us Epic?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
Engineering at Epic
What we do
Unreal-powered projects have been on the bleeding edge of real-time entertainment for over 20 years. Our team of engineering experts are always innovating to improve the tools and technology that empower content developers worldwide.
Cubic Motion creates and deploys advanced computer vision to transform the production and consumption of digital media. We're a company of internationally- acclaimed computer vision researchers, engineers and a vastly experienced production team. Our innovations include world-leading technologies for precise tracking in marker less video, stereo, and depth data. These methods, already well-known for powering the industry's leading facial animation services, now bring real-time capabilities to creatives and consumers alike.
In this role, you will
- Work closely with development teams to facilitate day to day testing of Unreal Engine and inhouse software projects
- Perform regular regression testing and participate in software and hardware release processes
- Collaborate with QA and development team members to improve the QA process as a whole.
- Attend and participate in team daily review and planning sessions
- Work with product owners and end users to understand key workflows and triage issues
- Undertake knowledge sharing sessions with other members of the QA team
What we’re looking for
- Previous experience in testing of game engine or desktop 3D modelling / animation applications
- Strong manual and exploratory testing skills
- Proven history of implementing and managing regression and release planning processes
- Experience of using project and test case management tools (e.g. Test Rail, JIRA)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, agile development environment
Nice to have skills
- Creating and maintaining UI automation tests
- Automated performance testing
- Scripting or programming languages such as Python and C++
- Integrating tests into continuous integration systems (e.g. Jenkins, TeamCity)
- Experience in hardware testing / quality control
Epic Job + Epic Benefits = Epic Life
We pay 100% for benefits except for PMI (for dependents). We offer private medical insurance, one fund cash plan, pension, disability and life insurance, transportation and meals.
All Epic employees enjoy drinks, snacks, and lunches every day, free of charge - and we offer plenty of annual celebrations for employees and family members to show the love we have for our people. Additionally, each year, we celebrate the Epic family with company-wide paid breaks, generous paid time off, and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical - we think our people are pretty awesome!
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Your application has been successfully submitted.