This job is no longer accepting applications.
You possess a technical background and have a high degree of appreciation for game art and the people who craft it. You love to improve quality through research and implementing new techniques. You enjoy designing scalable solutions that push visual quality on the latest hardware yet can scale back on older hardware. You enjoy working in a collaborative fashion with incredibly talented people that can inspire and challenge you.
Sound like a match? Kabam Vancouver is looking for an engineer to join our rendering team, delivering titles such as Marvel: Contest of Champions, Transformers: Forged to Fight., Google Play Awards Winner for "Best Game" as well as our recently announced Marvel: Realm of Champions.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Ideate, architect, and implement scalable rendering systems, pipelines and tools, collaborating with the rendering and art teams to gather requirements, and acting upon feedback to refine and hone features
- Collaborate with other programmers on performance, integration and support tasks
- Other ad-hoc projects and/or requirements as requested
Your background includes:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 5+ years of software engineering experience, focusing in rendering
- Experience with a graphics API (OpenGL, DirectX, Metal, Vulkan, etc.)
- Proficiency in Unity3D and C#
- Experience with C++
- Experience with graphics debugging and optimization on Android and iOS.
- Ability to profile, detect performance issues in either CPU or GPU, then optimize
- A proven track record for working independently and collaboratively in a dynamic team setting
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and written
We’d be very interested if you have:
- Experience in graphics, specifically mobile or console
- Experience working in a central technology role, supporting multiple projects and/or teams
- Experience with shipping a mobile game
- Familiarity with mobile free-to-play games and mobile best practices
Together, we can create and support some of the best games ever made.
Kabam is a world leader of developing entertaining, immersive, and highly social multiplayer games for mobile devices. They merge consumer behaviour with the art of game design to create experiences that are enjoyed by millions of players across the globe. Each game has raised the benchmark in mobile gaming, bringing high-quality graphics, next-generation technology and revolutionary gameplay to the console in every player’s pocket.
Kabam has partnered with leading entertainment brands like Disney, Hasbro and Universal to create mobile games based on some of the world’s most iconic franchises.
Kabam’s games have generated hundreds of millions of downloads including Fast & Furious 6: The Game, Fast & Furious: Legacy, Marvel Contest of Champions, Transformers: Forged to Fight, Shop Titans and Mini Guns. These games have also received multiple awards such as Apple’s Editor’s Choice and Google Play’s Best Game of the Year.
Founded in 2006, Kabam has studios and offices in Vancouver, Montreal, Charlottetown, San Francisco and Austin. Kabam is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Netmarble Games.
Kabam is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to building a diverse and equitable workplace, and inclusive environment for all existing and potential employees. Employment decisions are based on candidate qualifications and business need, not race, color, ancestry, place of origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, political belief, religion, creed, marital or family status, medical condition, genetic information, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, prior criminal conviction or any other protected class in accordance with federal, state or provincial and local laws and ordinances. Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Your application has been successfully submitted.