Associate Art Director
Machine Zone (An AppLovin Company) is a global leader in mobile gaming, with a track record of delivering some of the world’s most successful mobile games including Game of War, Mobile Strike and Final Fantasy XV: A New Empire. We combine the power of technology and creative vision to create experiences that connect people from all corners of the globe. Machine Zone was acquired by AppLovin in May 2020.
AppLovin is one of Inc.’s Best Workplaces and a recipient of the 2019 Glassdoor Top CEO employee’s choice award. The San Francisco Business Times awarded AppLovin one of the Bay Area’s Best Places to Work in 2019 and 2020, and the Workplace Wellness Award in 2019 which recognizes businesses that are leaders in improving worker well-being.
Machine Zone Game Studio is seeking an Associate Art Director who has phenomenal communication skills, proven experience in creative direction and a stellar track record in shipping games. The Associate Art Director will run daily reviews with the artists, giving clear constructive and inspirational feedback to produce stunning artwork for our games.
Experience driving and communicating a clear vision in a highly-collaborative environment, managing and mentoring creatives, and being a true partner to Engineering and Production is essential.
What you'll be doing:
- Work closely with the game development team to ensure art supports and enhances the game fiction and narrative
- Review, direct and provide positive constructive feedback to a variety of game art disciplines including: environments, characters, VFX, lighting and animation
- Define art direction process and establish art vision for our games using data driven approach
- Collaborate with production, engineering and other disciplines to ensure a collaborative, efficient approach to the development of the game
Your background and who you are:
- 6-8 years as an artist, specifically 3-4 years working as a lead artist or art director in games
- Expert in 2D and 3D art production
- Ability to empathize with user experience through deep engagement with the product
- Ability to generate top-notch art and design in a variety of styles and a portfolio of work demonstrating the same
- Experience managing and motivating a team of artists (both internal and external)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Shipped multiple AAA products as a Lead Artist or Art Director
- Experience with JIRA, Perforce and other Project Management Tools
AppLovin is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Your application has been successfully submitted.