3D Environment Artist
This job is no longer accepting applications.
What We Need:
We are looking for a talented 3D Environment Artist to join our team and bring expertise, motivation and a mature skill set. S/he defines, develops and maintains high-end-run game environments. The 3D Environment Artist contributes to creation of texturing, modeling, lighting, and destructions and mainly is responsible for the perfect quality of visually compelling environments and elements.
What You Will Do:
- Precise creation of the best possible highpoly and lowpoly 3D environmental models
- Populating game scenes by props, lights and other functional elements
- Adaptation to the concept and style of the project
- Keep the finished models working
- Self-education in terms of graphics and keeping track of latest trends in the given discipline
Who We Think Will Be A Good Fit:
- Portfolio demonstrating strong artistic abilities
- Secondary school or university degree at Graphic Arts or equivalent demonstrated experience and knowledge
- Good knowledge of 3D Studio Max (or other robust 3D software) and Photoshop
- Ability to work with space, dimensions and composition
- Ability to set up atmosphere in scenes (environmental effects, lighting)
- Basic knowledge of architecture and its history
- Minimum one year of experience in game industry
- Communicative knowledge of English
- Knowledge of computer games
Nice To Have:
- Experience with Substance Painter and Substance Designer
- Experience with some tracking/scheduling tool (Hansoft, Jira, Shotgun, Trello, …)
- Interest in developing video games
Who We Are:
Hangar 13 is the internal 2K development studio behind the award-winning Mafia franchise. The studio is comprised of industry veterans drawn from a diverse range of studios, who have collectively shipped hundreds of titles across a wide variety of genres. Though we hail from all over the world, and our backgrounds are wildly different, one thing binds us all together – the belief that “Every Player’s Story is Unique.”
Hangar 13 is based in four locations: Novato (California), Brighton (UK), and Brno & Prague (Czech Republic).
We work collaboratively across our 4 locations to develop games as one global team. Each of our locations provides the opportunity to work on big-budget, AAA console in a diverse and inclusive environment!
Located in the south-east part of the Czech Republic, just a 2-hour drive from Prague, 3 hrs from Budapest and mere 90 minutes from Vienna, surrounded by vineyards from the south-east and highlands from the north-west, Brno is a comfortable place to live and work. This Czech Republic´s second largest city offers everything you need without the big city rush - modern architecture, perfect cuisine, award-winning bars, and diverse countryside.
Located in the heart of Europe, with its enchanting historical centre and magic energy, Prague is one of the world's most stunning cities. The Hangar 13 office is based in the city centre, just a few minutes from the Old Town and its famous astronomical clock. Cultural events, vibrant nightlife, sports and leisure time activities, beautiful nature – all just a few steps away.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com, hangar13games.com and 2kczech.com accounts.
Your application has been successfully submitted.