Rockville, MD, USA
Bethesda Game Studios is looking for a talented Animation Programmer to join our team. Programmers will work closely with artists, lead engine programmers, designers and producers to implement and optimize game features.
- Work side-by-side with Technical Artists, Animators, and Gameplay Engineers.
- Own the animation pipeline from concept to realization.
- Create and implement technology and techniques that provide a leading edge animation experience.
- Expert level knowledge of real-time animation systems
- Extensive experience with one or more real-time animation middleware (eg: Havok Animation, Granny, HumanIK, Morpheme) or equivalent custom/in-house solutions
- Experience developing or working with animation blend graphs, real-time IK, animation compression, and/or advanced animation memory management (streaming)
- Enjoys working daily with animators and technical arts to help craft solutions to complex problems
- 5 + years game industry software development experience
- Prior experience acting as an owner of animation systems
- Experience developing for multiple platforms (OSX, Windows, PS4, XBox One)
- Experience with animation systems
- Generalist experience or prior experience in other core areas of game development, such as AI or gameplay programming
- Passion for developing and playing games
We embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion in everything we do – from recruiting for our studios, publishing and operations to fostering safe and respectful workplaces that encourage collaboration. Our culture is based on principles of respect, inclusion, and fair treatment and we welcome anyone into our family without regard to race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, or age.
Our diversity fuels our innovation and inspires us to create game worlds that bring us closer to the global community of players we serve.
Your application has been successfully submitted.