Lead Lighting Artist
Southam, Warwickshire, United Kingdom
Here at Codies we believe that world-class racing also means beautiful games, and we are looking for a top-notch Lighting Artist for one of our flagship titles. This role plays a Lead role in setting and maintaining the visual direction of the project and works in close-knit partnership with the projects Art Director and Technical Art Lead.
As an expert in your field, you’ll have proven experience in delivering high quality projects with the autonomy to break boundaries, pushing your specialist vision through your great eye for lighting and a deep understanding of technical pipeline needs. From widescale environments through to the minute mechanical detail you will oversee aspects such as colour-grading, post-effects, time of day and key lighting behaviours which include complex moving parts and spectacular, high-drama action.
As we have our own engine so you will also have the opportunity to utilize, create and enhance a bespoke toolkit for you and the team. You do not need to have racing experience but an appreciation of the vehicular aesthetics of a high-octane, non-simulation car game would be required to bring your passion to the fore.
You will be expected to understand emerging trends and technologies in video game content creation and advise in strategic evolutions to our tech and pipelines and how they will benefit our titles and company.
As a key stakeholder in setting and maintaining the pipelines, working practices and quality expectations this role is an influential figure working with some of the best-respected games development people in the industry.
- Own the technical and artistic vision on both a pipeline-management and visual level.
- With the project leads, defining content aspiration for the project as a whole.
- Identifying and selection of tools, technologies and pipelines to enhance our content creation pipelines and working processes.
- Collaboration with other project technical and content creators to define clear goals and evolution paths for all tools and working practices.
- Identify and testing of external and internal tools that help us maintain our competitive edge in content generation and visual quality.
You will need :-
- Demonstrable experience in real-time, dynamic lighting ideally within video games development.
- Experience generating grading & LUTS (look up tables), ideally using Davinci Resolve from Blackmagic.
- An amazing portfolio showing artistic flare as well as solid technical credentials.
- The ability to deliver production-value with a consistent visual palette.
- Expert knowledge of the Adobe suite, 3DMax and Photoshop
Your application has been successfully submitted.