Product Specialist, Games, Google Play
Mountain View, CA, USA
Full Job Description
- 4 years of experience in Product Development or Product Engineering.
- 2 years of experience in the Gaming industry/ecosystem.
- Strong leadership and people management skills, with ability to both nurture creativity and drive operational process and discipline
- High levels of strategic thinking and ability to drive operational process and discipline
- Strong user focus and experience in delivering high quality user experiences.
- Deep experience working with Product and Engineering teams, with proven success in working within cross-functional teams to scope requirements, build and rollout new product features and capability for a user-facing commercial organization.
- Strong communication skills and collaborative working approach
About the job
Whether you're on a consumer product (like Gmail, Search, Maps, Chrome, Android) or a business product (Google Ads, AdSense, Google Marketing Platform, Analytics), you take part in a complete marketing experience as you lead every facet of the product's journey. From determining positioning, naming, competitive analysis, feature prioritization and external communications, you help shape the voice of the product and help it grow a consumer base. This means you work with a cross-functional team across Sales, corporate communications, legal, webmasters, product development, engineering and more. In this role, you'll be involved with product marketing strategy from beginning to end.
Google Play is at the heart of the Android ecosystem, providing the apps, games, and digital content services that bring Android devices to life. The Google Play Store is a critical driver of Google’s overall business growth. Google Play’s Merchandising team helps power the content and recommendations on the Google Play Store. As a Product Specialist with the Global Merchandising team, you will partner with Merchandising and Play’s Product & Engineering teams to influence the roadmap and implementation of discovery experiences on the Play Store. This involves both prioritizing business needs and defining requirements as well as coordinating the execution as needed with Merchandising teams globally. You bring extensive Product and Strategic experience with a strong analytical/marketing background; a fanatical devotion to user experience, superb organization and communication skills and a track record of delivering high impact solutions on time and to specification. This role focuses on helping users discover new Games and related content e.g. in-game events.
- Support the development and execution of the Product roadmap for Apps & Games as it relates to discovery and promotional experiences
- Work in partnership with the Merchandising team (and other Play partner teams e.g. Business Development, Marketing) to launch new products, scale operations and increase impact.
- Drive development of the capabilities needed to support Merchandising. Track progress on new feature development, and communicate milestones, feature details, and launches with the Merchandising team.
- Develop deep user insights to inform Merchandising outcomes, including understanding of customer lifecycles, segments, etc.
- Analyze internal data, market research and industry trends to inform decision making.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Your application has been successfully submitted.