Director, Business Development
The Trade Desk is changing the way global brands and their agencies advertise to audiences around the world. How? With a media-buying platform that helps brands deliver a more insightful and relevant ad experience for consumers — and sets a new standard for global reach, accuracy, and transparency.
So if you’re talented, driven, creative, and hungry to bring something entirely new and wildly ambitious into the world (and have some fun doing it), then we want to talk.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Develop a vision and strategy for one of TTD's SF entire agency holding company relationships
- Manage an existing team of high-performing sellers and managers
- Attract, develop, and retain top talent
- Oversee and build upon relationships with senior leadership at agencies and brands
- Work cross-functionally with global client services and trading teams to cultivate accounts
- Participate in product road map build out discussions based on client needs with senior leadership, product, & engineering
- Take the lead in responding to RFP’s or new inner agency opportunities, including qualification & win strategy
- Work closely with product, marketing, and revenue teams to constantly optimize efforts relating to company-wide goals
- Identify and close strategic up-selling opportunities by understanding core client business needs
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unrivaled selling propositions and differentiators
- Mentor and manage others in the organization with account responsibility
- Make a positive contribution to The Trade Desk company culture
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- Bachelor’s Degree required, masters preferred
- 5-10+ years of experience developing senior sellers and scaling sales teams
- 15-20+ years of experience in digital advertising in outbound sales, preferably in programmatic
- Outstanding sales leadership experience, with a track record of up-selling and winning net new accounts
- Experience working with media agencies and brands
- Experience building longstanding, consultative client relationships
- Strong quantitative skills and ability to manage commercial negotiations
- Proven track record of exceeding revenue expectations
- Strong communication skills with the ability to speak with C-level clients
- Proven ability to manage within a matrix environment, & collaborate across multiple departments
- Experience at an online publisher, ad network, ad exchange, ad server, SEM platform, DSP, or other online advertising roles preferred
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.