Quality Assurance Tester
Founded in 2002, Infinity Ward is the original studio behind the Call of Duty® franchise. The titles developed by Infinity Ward have won more than 200 "Game of the Year" awards and 100 "Editor's Choice" awards, among many other industry accolades. Some of our previous titles include: Call of Duty®: Ghosts, Call of Duty®: Infinite Warfare and most recently, Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare. Infinity Ward employs more than 250 people in Woodland Hills, Calif., just outside of Los Angeles.
A critically acclaimed studio, Infinity Ward is proud to have one of the most passionate and talented development teams in the industry. We love to have as much fun as the games we create, and it shows in our relaxed, yet diligent, workplace environment. We believe that making the best games relies on having the best people, so we like to look after ours. We enjoy having fun with top-notch events that everyone gets involved with.
Infinity Ward is wholly owned by Activision. To learn more about our studio, please visit us at https://www.infinityward.com/, on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/InfinityWard/, and @InfinityWard on Twitter.
QA Testers are a support function within the Quality Assurance team. Under the supervision of the QA Project Leads and QA Management team, they are responsible for testing and generating bug reports for pre-release video games as well as verifying functionality, data content, performance, 1st Party Compliance, usability/playability, and hardware/software compatibility
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Assists in executing the QA project test plan by performing thorough testing on assigned software titles. This can include functionality, balance, stability, performance, interface, art, sound, text, documentation, and other types of testing.
- Identifies and documents defects in a clear and concise manner using the assigned bug tracking database.
- Assists the Production/Development team in tracking down issues and working out the steps to reproduce so that they are easier to locate and fix.
- Completes regression/verification testing as needed.
- Follows instructions and accomplishes tasks as directed by the QA Project Lead or QA Management.
- Experience and familiarity with multiple gaming platforms and genres.
- Experience with Quality Assurance testing of software projects (desired).
- Understanding of the software test cycle process (desired).
- Knowledge of most popular console platforms and related peripherals, PC Software/hardware, and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel).
- Excellent written/spoken English.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Strong interest in video games.
- Must possess excellent communication skills.
- Sharp attention to detail.
- Team player.
- Honesty and a strong work ethic.
- Aptitude to learn quickly and effectively.
- Ability to remain focused in a team-oriented environment.
Ideal Candidate Will Also Have:
- Bachelor's degree in a Computer Science, Computer Games Technology, or a related field.
- Experience with automation of AAA console video games.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Infinity Ward is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Your application has been successfully submitted.