User Acquisition Manager (Remote - United States)
Age of Learning is a leading education technology innovator based in Glendale, California, with a talented team of more than 600 individuals comprised of nationally-renowned educators, curriculum experts, developers, artists, writers, designers, engineers, producers, product managers, analysts and marketing experts! Together we develop engaging, effective digital learning technology and content to help children build a strong academic foundation for lifelong success.
Our flagship product ABCmouse.com Early Learning Academy® is a comprehensive online curriculum and the #1 digital learning product for young children. To-date, more than 30 million children worldwide have completed over 8 billion Learning Activities on ABCmouse. We recently launched Adventure Academy, the first massively multiplayer online (MMO) game designed specifically to help elementary- and middle-school-aged children learn. It features thousands of engaging Learning Activities—including minigames, books, original animated and live action series, and more—in a fun and safe virtual world. Other Age of Learning programs include immersive English language learning products for children in China and Japan; ReadingIQ, a digital library and literacy platform; and a groundbreaking personalized, adaptive digital learning system that individualizes math instruction for every child through AI-driven technology.
We are committed to helping all children succeed. We provide our educational programs at no cost to teachers, Head Start programs, public libraries, and other community organizations, and have served millions of children through these initiatives. We recently established the Age of Learning Foundation to expand this work globally.
As we expand our global reach and increase the educational impact of our programs, we’re looking for passionate, ambitious, and collaborative leaders to become a part of our growing team.
As we expand our global reach and increase the educational impact of our programs, we’re looking for passionate, ambitious, and collaborative leaders to become a part of our growing team. We believe in fostering a familial environment that encourages growth. The Age of Learning marketing department prioritizes the right candidate over the most experienced candidate. We’re looking for a critical thinker, a reliable partnership manager, and a results-oriented contributor. Our ideal candidate will be able to quickly hone in on accounts’ action items, be able to integrate cross channels, and be quick and flexible in the face of changing landscapes.
The statements in this job description are intended to describe the general nature and level of work required for the position and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills or performance expectations of your manager. Manager’s reserve the right to modify, assign, direct and control the work of employees under their supervision.
- Lead and/or execute bid-action and media buying campaigns including but not limited to the following channels: search, mobile, and display
- Develop mid-to-long term business and technical digital paid media strategy that helps build and optimize Age of Learning’s currently user acquisition efforts
- Help innovate on current creative strategy by leading with new ideas, participating in brainstorming sessions, and a/b testing across accounts.
- Ability to build media plans, establish performance metrics, and manage budgets/bids that align with company goals
- Apply a detail-oriented scalpel approach to our campaigns, so that as to meet quick changing priorities and goals
- Closely monitor the competitive landscape, including the ability to use software to monitor SOV, identify new channel opportunities, and sensitive to changes in competitive pressure
- Identify the highest impact multi-variate testing opportunities, prioritize, execute, track results and communicate to game and marketing teams.
- Ability to report daily/weekly/monthly either informally or formally, on the performance and status of the accounts
- Manage vendor relationships, identify new partnership opportunities, negotiate on behalf of the company, and represent Age of Learning in a manner fit with our culture and values
- Hands on experience in driving increased number of subscribers and installs through mobile app campaigns.
- 1+ years of consumer paid advertising / media buying experience with a strong track record of measurable results.
- Experience working in fast-paced environments, preferably in an internet, financial, or consumer-based subscription business
- Naturally Data-driven and intuitive grasp in comprehending and utilizing 3rd party competitive analysis and data reporting tools and software
- Ability to identify problems and work across departments to solve issues. Special emphasis on problem solving for data inconsistency, fraudulent traffic, platform malfunctions and inaccurate reporting
- Understanding and hands-on experience of campaign set up, pixel placement, server to server tracking, SDK implementation and usage of UTM parameters
- Well-informed and actively on top of current and changing trends in the digital ad space
- Experience working in a performance marketing or lead generation role
- Experience – and a desire – to do both strategic planning and daily execution/optimization.
- Ability to work and communicate with departments outside of marketing, e.g., programming, branding, PR
- Confidence in presenting reports and goals with upper management
- Outstanding communication skills – both written and spoken.
- Management experience a plus.
- Ability to leverage industry network a plus
- Marketing or communications degree, or proven track record in a quantitative/problem solving environment (or equivalent training and experience).
Age of Learning currently provides:
• 90% - 100% of health and welfare benefit premiums
• A 401(k) program with employer match
• 15 paid vacation days, 11 observed national paid holidays plus 9 sick days
• Our flexible work culture means 2 or more days in the office (hybrid) or 100% fully remote options available for most positions
• Team bonding events and a highly collaborative environment
• Access to our internal DEI Task Force that focuses on ensuring our products represent all children on a global scale
• Opportunities for professional growth through professional learning and development programs
• Commitment to Equal Opportunity Employment in addition to an inclusive and supportive company culture
Your application has been successfully submitted.