Senior Software Engineer, Graphics - Unannounced Survival Game
We Want You
A new world and a new journey await you. It is a world different from any other Blizzard has created.
If you’re a passionate game developer, and, well, a good human being, then we’d love to talk to you. We have a new AAA survival game in the works, set in a new IP for PC/Console. It’s going to be amazing, and we’d love to bring you along for the ride. Together, we’ll build something big, bold, and beautiful.
To help bring this to reality, we are seeking a Graphics Engineer with a focus on console development who has extensive knowledge of rendering and GPU architectures. We need this engineer to help us take our new AAA Blizzard IP and make sure it runs as efficiently on console as it does on PC.
We believe our team is good. Really good. Granted, we’re obviously biased. But we also believe there are lots of developers out there who can make us even better. You could be one of those people. If you’re looking for a team where inclusion, thoughtfulness, empathy, professionalism, and collaboration are all seen as critically important, we believe our team could be a phenomenal fit for you. Join us and help craft our future!
COVID-19 Hiring Update:
We've transitioned to a work-from-home model, and we're continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person's circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
We need help with:
- Being responsible for creating a functional console build and assist in maintaining it
- Modifying existing code and writing new code to ensure C++ and shaders are written in a console optimized manner
- Fixing bugs and performance issues pertaining to code running on consoles
What you are good at:
- Thorough understanding of modern console GPU architecture
- Experience with modern rendering techniques and current rendering APIs
- Understanding game content pipeline and tools
Extra awesome points for:
- In-depth experience with modern console platforms
- Shipped at least one AAA title with a console as one of the main SKUs
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunities for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences ever. Join us!
Your application has been successfully submitted.