Director, Product (Cross Platform and Growth)
At NaturalMotion, we make games that wow people. We innovate to create experiences that previously were impossible and that would not exist without us. We take pride in making titles that reach a large audience and in creating communities that last. For the past three years NaturalMotion Studios have been named as one of the Best Places to Work in the UK games industry by gamesindustry.biz.
Our Racing Studio – responsible for the CSR Racing franchise and the #1 Racing Game on Mobile CSR2 – is one of the most ambitious, successful, and creatively inclusive studios in the UK. Based across three locations – London, Birmingham and Bangalore – the team loves welcoming diverse, humble, straightforward and ambitious talent, aspiring for award-winning excellence. People who want to find a place where they will be supported and encouraged to do the best work of their career.
HIRING UPDATE: The safety of our candidates and team members is our top priority. During the COVID-19 pandemic, our workforce transitioned to working from home, with all interviewing and onboarding being conducted virtually until further notice.
We are looking for a Director of Product to join our studio and help drive cross platform growth on NaturalMotion’s next blockbuster games. You will use a combination of cross platform expertise, excellent analytical abilities, business discernment, and critical thinking to innovate and identify right opportunities for growth across NaturalMotion titles.
You will have a consistent record of owning and delivering optimal cross play experiences to players that raise-the-bar from an innovation, usability, and design perspective whilst thriving in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Contribute towards the Studio’s cross platform business strategy to build a robust product roadmap for development and post-launch live operations.
- Identify areas of growth ranging from acquisition funnel, cross-platform opportunities and in- game optimisations across all NaturalMotion titles
- Work closely with a multidisciplinary team (Design, Art, Programming & Analytics) across different business units to identify optimisations to core and cross play features that result in an outstanding gameplay experience for our players and positively inflect metrics across all platforms
- Drive user and competitive research and collaborate with the central Zynga product management team, driving the usage of core innovative game technology, and ensure that product decisions are based on in-depth data analysis and an understanding of the market
- Effectively partner with other parts of the organisation including cross platform partners, Central Analytics, Consumer Insights and Product Marketing to identify opportunities for product growth
- Build knowledge and understanding of data driven insights within the rest of the team through regular communication and the creation of meaningful dashboards and reports
- Expected to provide valuable input into business cases based on in depth analysis of cross play behaviour and demonstrate how that analysis impacts business metrics
- Be a player champion!
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Product Management experience in free-to-play game development with a proven track record in managing live operations, balancing in-game economies and leading PM teams across different platforms
- Deep cross platform knowledge and past experience on working with 3rd party platform partners to deliver optimal cross play experience.
- Previous experience with new game development from concept stage through to worldwide launch. PC/Console experience is a plus.
- Strong project management skills and ability to present work to executive staff
- Experienced at articulating product vision, driving team-wide and studio-wide cross discipline alignment and evangelising the vision to key stakeholders
- Strong passion for games, creating fun and compelling user experiences
- Outstanding written/oral, organisational, analytical skills and attention to detail
- Ability to provide clear direction, set measurable goals and give insight on industry trends
- Passion for and in-depth knowledge of mid-core genres (FPS, Action-Strategy, RPG)
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme, Zynga stock allocation and Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday, plus public holidays and Christmas shutdown
- Private medical care, dental and healthcare cash plan
- Life insurance, critical illness insurance and income protection
- 6 months fully paid maternity leave or 3 months fully paid paternity leave
- Discounted gym membership and free weekly (virtual) fitness classes
- Annual season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
- Flexible working hours
- Summer and Christmas parties
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse and talented workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, colour, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds to join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities in order to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at accommodationRequest@zynga.com to request an accommodation associated with your application for an open position.#LI-JC1
Zynga does not engage in financial exchanges during the recruitment or onboarding process. We do not conduct job interviews over third-party messaging apps such as Telegram, WhatsApp or others. We will never ask you for your personal or financial information over unofficial chat channels. Our in-house recruitment team only contacts individuals via official company email addresses (i.e., via a zynga.com or naturalmotion.com email domain).
If you believe you have been the victim of a scam, you may wish to contact the authorities. In the United States, you may file a complaint with the FBI. More information is available here: https://www.ic3.gov.
Your application has been successfully submitted.