Director, Business Development (Brands)
The Trade Desk is changing the way global brands and their agencies advertise to audiences around the world. How? With a media-buying platform that helps brands deliver a more insightful and relevant ad experience for consumers — and sets a new standard for global reach, accuracy, and transparency.
So if you’re talented, driven, creative, and hungry to bring something entirely new and wildly ambitious into the world (and have some fun doing it), then we want to talk.
What you’ll do
- Identify, build, and cultivate brand relationships with key decision makers
- Proactively create new business opportunities, including qualification & win strategy
- Take the lead in responding to RFP’s
- Identify and close strategic up-selling opportunities by understanding core client business needs
- Communicate the value of our media buying platform by walking through detailed demonstrations of the product
- Work cross-functionally with client services and trading teams to ensure customer expectations are met and campaigns are successfully implemented
- Participate in product road map build out discussions based on client needs with senior leadership, product, & engineering
- Work closely with product, marketing, and revenue teams to constantly optimize efforts relating to company-wide goals
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unrivaled selling propositions and differentiators
- Contribute to The Trade Desk culture.
Who you are
- An extensive proven track record in outbound sales ideally in online advertising or consulting
- Experience at an online publisher, ad network, ad exchange, ad server, SEM platform, DSP, or other online advertising roles
- Consultative selling approach and strong communication skills with the ability to speak with different hierarchy levels
- Experience establishing long-standing, trustful client relationships
- Strong quantitative skills and negotiations ability
- Proven track record of exceeding revenue expectations
- Able to travel 25% of the time including some overnight travel
- Business fluent in German and English.
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.