Manager, Media and Analytics
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Department: Brand Marketing
Reporting To: VP, Marketing
Capcom is a leading worldwide developer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment for game consoles, PCs, handheld and wireless devices. Founded in 1983, the company has created hundreds of games including ground-breaking franchises Resident Evil®, Street Fighter®, Monster Hunter™, Ace Attorney®, Mega Man® and Devil May Cry®. Capcom maintains operations in the U.S., U.K., France, Germany, Tokyo, Taiwan, Hong Kong and Korea, with corporate headquarters located in Osaka, Japan. More information about Capcom and its products can be found at www.capcom.com or www.capcom-unity.com.
Recently ranked as the #1 Major Publisher in Metacritic’s 9th Annual Game Publisher Rankings, Capcom continues to deliver world-class, award-winning titles from legendary franchises including Street Fighter, Resident Evil, Monster Hunter, Mega Man and more. Capcom USA is now searching for a Digital Marketer to join our talented team.
Capcom USA is looking for a top-tier Media & Analytics Manager who excels at planning and optimizing media campaigns based on data and insightful analysis. This newly created position will oversee the day-to-day management of Capcom USA’s in-house media campaigns while working with agency and platform partners on planning, execution and analysis of Capcom’s media and digital marketing campaigns. They will also work in close partnership with internal stakeholders in Analytics and Operations to organize and process campaign data and surface insights that showcase campaign results to the broader Capcom organization. As a key transformational role within Capcom USA, this person will also have a seat at the table with global partners at Capcom Japan and Capcom Europe on matters of game and marketing data enrichment and activation.
Reporting into Capcom USA’s VP, Marketing, an ideal candidate will have a keen attention to detail, a comprehensive understanding of multichannel marketing data (Media, CRM, Social, Web, Mobile, etc.), a passion for discovering quantitative insights, and strong communication skills with the ability to translate complex marketing data concepts into clear and actionable insights that drive measurable business decisions. This role will work closely with cross-functional tech and data stakeholders at Capcom and externally with agency, media, and console partners to unify learnings and support multichannel strategic planning.
Individual contributor supporting our paid media and analytics efforts
- Campaign Planning:
- Work cross-functionally with Brand Marketing, Sales, Community, analytics, and agency partners to established clear paid media campaign objectives and measurement KPIs
- Contribute to the development of digital marketing strategies & tactics, utilizing your knowledge and expertise of platform capabilities during our planning process
- Provide direction and support to Capcom’s media vendors and agency partners to compile media plans and manage deliverable schedules
- Work closely with our Digital Sales team to develop paid advertising campaigns to support Capcom sales on Playstation, Xbox and Steam
- Develop UA test plans, measure performance, and provide strategic and tactical recommendations during campaign media planning
- Campaign Execution & Maintenance:
- Monitor and measure campaign performance, leveraging insights and trends, and provide data backed recommendations to internal media partners and stakeholders
- Manage creative delivery and implementation with agencies and media vendors
- Oversee budgeting processes by creating PO’s, facilitating insertion order approvals, and maintaining current and accurate budget records to ensure that all campaigns are properly allocated with the Capcom Finance team
- Work in close collaboration with the Director of Growth Marketing to oversee the day-to-day management of digital performance campaigns, including campaign creation, performance optimization, reporting, and budget monitoring
- Partner with the Creative Services team to develop and messaging tactics and testing strategies
- Have a POV on the capabilities and strengths for each digital marketing channel
- Operations, Analytics, & Reporting
- Share the findings on campaign performance and drive optimization decisions with the stakeholders
- Support the Brand and Digital Sales teams in all wrap-up reports, provide deep and thorough insight into the performance of the campaign
- One-off reporting needs including but not limited to additional research areas, insights, or historical performance
- Track the performance of Media campaigns inflight via tools such as Domo dashboards and analytics data within ad platforms
- Provide weekly campaign reports for live campaigns in conjunction with the Director of Growth Marketing
- Partner with Analytics and Operations teams to perform data quality checks with the Data Warehouse and ad platforms to identify discrepancies
- Participate in the selection, onboarding, and management of tech integrations that advance Capcom’s marketing capabilities.
- Media Partnerships:
- Maintain close relationships with core media partners and agencies to help identify opportunities for new product test & learn
- Support external partnerships by providing campaign direction and support to agencies, media vendors, tech vendors, and key platforms such as Google, Facebook, Amazon, PlayStation, and Xbox
- Additional Research & Projects:
- Continued industry growth and knowledge within digital marketing trends and emerging digital marketing channels
- Apply research, identify new market trends, develop POVs, and keep the team informed of new opportunities. Contribute to the development and refinement of your media channels’ best practices.
*Other duties as required
- 3+ yrs of digital consumer advertising experience with a strong background of measurable results
- Experience in managing multi-channel campaigns, with emphasis on Facebook, Instagram, Snap, Twitter, YouTube & Google Marketing Platform
- Experience working with and coordinating across multiple partners, including external agencies
- Experience with Facebook Business Manager and/or Google DV360
- Must be a pro-active team player that is detail oriented, self-motivated and time efficient.
- Strong communications skills (oral and written), with the ability to explain digital marketing concepts in layman terms.
- Intuitive grasp of data and strong with Excel
- Experience with SQL is a plus, but not required
Skills & Abilities:
- Integrity & Ethics
- Must be able to maintain absolute confidentiality regarding sensitive information
- Ability to work across job levels and cultures
- Customer Focus
- Willing to meet internal and external customer expectations
- Ability to negotiate with all parties to bring about win-win situations
- Job Knowledge
- Strong project and time management skills
- Firm understanding of product marketing fundamentals
- Computer literate
- Willing to help colleagues perform their tasks
- Willing to travel and work outside prescribed business hours
- Proactive and can-do approach
- Attention to detail and process
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Knowledge of the video gaming industry (professionally or personally) a plus
This job includes occasional domestic air travel. Travel can be as often as 10% of the time and the applicant must be willing to travel as needed and be prepared to attend and work at a variety of industry events.
Licenses, Certifications and Other:
A valid California Driver’s License.
Ability to lift objects of up to 25 pounds in weight. Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
Work is generally performed in an office environment and the noise level is usually moderate. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of duties, knowledge, skills, abilities, or requirements, as any one position in this classification may be assigned some or all of these duties, in addition to other duties not explicitly listed here. The various duties, responsibilities and/or assignments of this position may be unevenly balanced and changed from time to time based upon matters such as, but not limited to, variations in shift schedules, work demands, seasons, service levels and management’s decisions on how to best allocate department resources. Any shift, emphasis or rebalancing of these assigned duties, responsibilities and/or assignments does not constitute a change in the job classification.
Your application has been successfully submitted.