This job is no longer accepting applications.
Machinegames is looking for a talented 3D Artist with a focus on weapons. Primary responsibility would be to work closely with the gun-team to create weapons but also other 3D Assets when needed. An ideal candidate would have passions for guns, hard-surface assets, and experience with Next-Gen asset creation.
Our studio is located in central Uppsala, Sweden which is a small and vibrant city 30 minutes north of Stockholm with a historical heritage reaching back to pre-medieval times. It also has the oldest and one of the largest universities in northern Europe.
This is a permanent position starting as soon as possible. We will support your relocation and/or application for work permit if you have a non-EU passport and/or not currently residing in Sweden.
- Create models and texture from concept to final model in engine
- Take in and iterate on feedback given by Leads, Art Director or other stakeholders
- Optimize models for game to run smooth
- Support level design and environment artists with props to realize the levels
- Work alongside your senior colleagues, Leads and Art Director to support the vision of our games
- Experience in weapon modelling/texturing
- Good knowledge of at least one major modeling package (MODO, Maya, MAX, Blender or equivalent)
- Good knowledge of a sculpture program (Z-brush, 3D coat or equivalent)
- Good knowledge of Substance Painter
- Solid understanding of PBR
- Good understanding of and how to operate within given technical constraints
- Experience from at least one shipped AAA game productions
- Solid team player with strong work ethic and cooperative attitude
- Self-motivated and focused worker with good communication and collaboration skills
- A passion for how weapons work
- Experience with Marvelous designer
We embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion in everything we do – from recruiting for our studios, publishing and operations to fostering safe and respectful workplaces that encourage collaboration. Our culture is based on principles of respect, inclusion, and fair treatment and we welcome anyone into our family without regard to race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, or age.
Our diversity fuels our innovation and inspires us to create game worlds that bring us closer to the global community of players we serve.
Your application has been successfully submitted.