Senior UI Engineer
Austin, TX, USA
ZeniMax Online Studios is building a new ECS-driven game engine for an unannounced AAA title. We are looking for a Senior UI Engineer to help develop the cutting-edge user interface backend for that engine. This position will research the state of the art in UI development and apply that research through technical designs and implementation. Applicants should have a passion for UI development and a strong vision for its future.
• Work with UI designers to break down the capabilities needed to realize their vision
• Independently research broad UI questions to provide insight and direction to the team
• Architect foundational UI systems with an eye towards the future
• Write maintainable and performant code to realize technical designs
• Set the standards that future UI developers will learn form
• Provide suggestions and feedback on UI designs to help produce the best UIs for players
• 5+ years of software development experience
• Experience with modern C++
• Knowledge of fundamental UI concepts like 2D layout, animation, and text rendering
• Familiarity with several UI frameworks (game, web, application, etc.)
• Familiarity with shaders, particle systems, and 3D rendering
• Ability to collaborate with other programmers in a shared code base
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
• Experience with declarative UI frameworks like React
• Experience with client/server game architecture
• Experience with UI tooling
• Experience with Entity Component System
• Experience with profiling and optimization
We embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion in everything we do – from recruiting for our studios, publishing and operations to fostering safe and respectful workplaces that encourage collaboration. Our culture is based on principles of respect, inclusion, and fair treatment and we welcome anyone into our family without regard to race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, or age.
Our diversity fuels our innovation and inspires us to create game worlds that bring us closer to the global community of players we serve.
Your application has been successfully submitted.