This job is no longer accepting applications.
What makes us Epic?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
Design at Epic
What we do
Put your design skills to work at a cutting-edge company that challenges the norm. From character and level design to competitive gameplay and system design, help shape the future of interactive entertainment at Epic.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic.
What you’ll do
Epic Games is looking for Game Designers, ranging from entry level to experienced seniors, to join our team working on various projects in development (Fortnite, Spyjinx, Battle Breakers, and various Special Projects). In this role, you'll utilize your experience, knowledge of design tools, and a great sense of scale to push the quality of the project and delight players with fresh experiences.
In this role, you will
- Designing fun experiences for our players. How can we think outside the box to deliver something new?
- Owning implementation of large parts of these experiences from start to finish. Blueprint Scripting, Replication, sequences, replays etc
- Be the go-to person for the implementation of complex content that stretches the capabilities of existing systems, or projects that require heavy artist/designer/engineer interaction
- Be an advocate for player experience and create compelling user stories
What we’re looking for
- 3+ years of game design experience with at least one shipped game
- Strong familiarity with visual scripting languages; preferably Blueprints.
- A broad skill set is a strength! We are a small team, so cross discipline skills are highly valued.
- Ability to communicate your ideas and collaborate with others
- Create clear and concise design specs
- Strong verbal communication of ideas to the team
- Creating your own functional prototypes
- You’re user-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do.
Nice to have skills
- Deep familiarity with Fortnite Battle Royale
- Experience with network replication
Epic Games spans across 12 countries with 32 studios and 1,800+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Epic Job + Epic Benefits = Epic Life
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay for 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. We offer coverage for Medical, Dental, Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, AD&D and Life Insurance, 401k.
All Epic employees enjoy drinks, snacks, and lunches every day, free of charge - and we offer plenty of annual celebrations for employees and family members to show the love for our people. Additionally, each year, we celebrate the Epic family with company-wide paid breaks, generous paid time off, and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical - we think our people are pretty awesome!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Your application has been successfully submitted.