Social Media Strategist
This job is no longer accepting applications.
As Social Media Strategist, you'll join our Publishing team to manage social media and digital broadcast channels for premier global esports leagues and events, such as the League of Legends European Championship (LEC), European Masters, VALORANT Champions Tour and more. You will work with content creators, designers, on-air talent, event teams and partners globally to guide product vision and manage a vendor suite.
As a Rioter in Berlin, you'll join a tight-knit team that shares our focus on player experience, rejection of convention and passion for gaming. Together with a team of dedicated esports enthusiasts you will create awesome player experiences in and around esports in EMEA. You will report to the Brand & Marketing Manager.
- Develop the social media strategy for the all EMEA esports products; shape the voice on social media channels and cement our presence as leaders in the social media and wider sports entertainment space
- Guide long-term vision and growth of all channels related to social media and digital broadcast channels like Twitch and YouTube
- Work with publishing, broadcast, player management, our global and regional offices, all to develop player insights that guide development in our online presence
- Navigate activations, campaigns, overall management, and storytelling framework for all social media channels
- Develop strategy and guidance for community management across all products
- Work with agencies and vendors to develop social activations, content, and campaigns that support crucial programs
- Identify opportunities to develop programs that guide long-term fandom and growth
- Prepare detailed analysis and reports that measure the impact of social media campaigns across our products
- Maintain relationships with social media partners and identify trends in the space
- 5+ years in social media or web channel management, at an agency or in-house
- Proficient in social media tools, platforms, and software (Sprinklr, Twitch)
- In-depth knowledge of esports or experience working in esports (organization, leagues, partners, agencies, and teams)
- Undergraduate degree
- Hands-on and strategic experience in social media/digital/PR/communications
- Experience working in social media in sports entertainment
- Fluency in one or more European languages
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
- Open paid time off
- Retirement benefits with company matching
- Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability
- Commuting allowance
- Play funds so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games
- Daily lunch, snacks and fruits in the office
- We will double down on your donations of time and money to nonprofits
- Travel allowance
- Wellness allowance
Let's Thrive Together:
Because together we are better
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games. We know that fresh and varied perspectives will make us better at what we do, so however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, we're excited to hear from you. Don't be discouraged if you feel you don't fully meet every single one of the requirements for a role, there's always room for growth at Riot. If you spot a role that will make you want to jump out of bed in the morning, we are waiting to hear from you!
Your application has been successfully submitted.