Senior Game Designer
Senior Game Designer (Star Wars)
At NaturalMotion, we make games that wow people. We innovate to craft experiences that previously were impossible and that would not exist without us. We take pride in making titles that reach a large audience and in creating communities that last. In 2018, 2019 & 2020, NaturalMotion Studios were named one of the Best Places to Work in the UK games industry by gamesindustry.biz.
NaturalMotion’s Action Strategy Group is a BAFTA-nominated team developing an exciting new Star Wars™ game and running live operations on Dawn of Titans.
The team have a tight-knit, sociable culture and a strong identity whilst demonstrating all the benefits that come from being part of NaturalMotion and Zynga. The team build world-leading, action strategy titles on a foundation of trust and camaraderie, with weekly team show and tells, frequent social events and kudos sharing on our ‘Awesome Wall’.
We are seeking a Senior Game Designer to join our Action Strategy group. You will ensure that features are executed to AAA standards, and support the core pillars of the projects you are working on. Collaborate with a hardworking team to build the best features and content imaginable.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- You will provide design leadership for significant features and mechanics within an ambitious new game.
- As part of a hardworking team, you will collaborate to shape the design to make it as good as it can be.
- You provide clear, inclusive communications with the team about the design and invite collaboration wherever possible.
- Keen interest in the current market and what players want. Observing / analysing user testing and analytics to recommend design solutions and improve or fix design features during the life of the product as a service.
- Understand the impact on key KPI’s; work closely with the team to get them smoothly into content releases that drive value to the player.
Required Experience & Skills
- Experienced. An experienced game designer with a deep understanding of the core areas of design: process, documentation, prototyping and validation.
- Great Teammate. Understand that we can only build outstanding games as a team.
- Market Knowledge: deep understanding of the mobile and console markets, including key design trends and opportunities that will shape the future.
- Genre Knowledge: A demonstrable interest in Action Strategy games.
- Gaming Passion: A love of gaming and its myriad communities. You speak with assuredness about what make games special and where opportunities exist to deliver unique player experiences.
Desirable Experience & Skills
- A love of Star Wars
- Shipped a successful strategy game and have hands-on experience developing game mechanics and social features
- A knowledge of game metrics and how they inform design
- Knowledge of game economies and meta systems
- Experience of prototyping fun gameplay and turning it into full designs
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme and Zynga stock allowance
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday, plus public holidays and Christmas shutdown
- Private medical care and healthcare cash plan
- Life insurance and critical illness insurance
- Discounted gym membership and free weekly yoga class
- Flexible working hours
- Free fruit, snacks & soft drinks provided daily, as well as free lunch on Fridays
- Annual season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
- Summer and Christmas parties and Happy Hour every Friday
NaturalMotion is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, pregnancy, marital status or veteran status.
Your application has been successfully submitted.