Senior Director, International Communications
San Mateo, CA, USA
Roblox’s mission is to build a human co-experience platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. Every day, more than 32.6 million people around the world have fun with friends as they explore millions of immersive digital experiences. All of these experiences are built by the Roblox community, made up of over eight million creators. We believe in building a safe, civil, and diverse community—one that inspires and fosters creativity and positive relationships between people around the world.
In 2020, we were honored to be recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work®. We’ve fostered a company culture that empowers people to do the most defining work of their career in an environment that’s made up of the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet.
We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role and be part of the meteoric success of Roblox.
Much like our platform, the possibilities at Roblox are limitless. If that someone is you, let’s talk.
Roblox is looking for a strategic and creative Senior Director of International Communications to join our growing communications team. You will build and protect our growing brand with a focus on establishing Roblox as the leading user-generated platform in Europe and Asia Pacific markets. You will develop and execute the international communications strategy for these regions and build and oversee management of the agency and local teams that will drive the company’s consumer, corporate and trade media relations in the EMEA and APAC regions. This person will also be responsible for managing sensitive issues and crisis communications in EMEA and APAC including developing plans, messaging and serving as a company spokesperson working closely with our Vice President of Corporate Communications, Legal, and Trust and Safety at HQs to mitigate issues. You will embrace working collaboratively with a group of individuals who are passionate about the Roblox brand.
You will report to the Vice President of Global Communications and will be based in London.
What You'll Do
- Work closely with the Communication’s team leaders and senior staff to position Roblox as an innovative public company with a business model unlike any of its competitors and with unique plans for future growth
- Develop and oversee the implementation of a media relations strategy that reinforces Roblox as a trusted platform where people come together to share and create experiences for connection, community and growth
- Develop local communications plans for product launches, enhancements, milestones and proactive campaigns; and ensure there is an effective narrative to support Roblox’s leadership position
- Develop clear metrics to measure the success of local initiatives against the overall strategy and analyse opportunities for continuous growth and improvement
- Directly responsible for building and managing the PR team/agencies, creating a culture that encourages creativity and collaboration and maximizes results, in key EMEA and APAC growth markets. In addition, serve as a strategic thought partner and functional expert to ensure that we strike the optimal balance between global alignment and local relevance
- Forge strong relationships with target media to advance understanding of Roblox’s vision, goals and achievements
What You'll Need
- 10+ years international-communications market experience with a public company, both internal and external communications preferred
- Speaking multiple languages a plus
- Experience working with and managing multiple agencies/teams in multiple markets, and leading communications strategy in EMEA/APAC markets a must
- A track record leading strategic communications plans and initiatives across multiple markets, multi-market teams and outside agency partners to deliver results in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- The ability to forge new media relationships on the regional and national levels in EMEA and APAC as well as across consumer, business and trade outlets
- Data-driven; proven experience using data, and strong quantitative analysis skills
- Experience managing sensitive media issues
- Clear communication through expression of facts and ideas in a clear, convincing and organised manner
- Excellent business judgment when making decisions and always considers the relevance/impact of each decision on the business
- Exhibits integrity though fair and ethical behaviour toward others and a demonstrated sense of corporate responsibility and commitment
Your application has been successfully submitted.