Product Design Manager - Developer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Roblox is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in immersive, user-generated worlds. We’re the one and only fastest-growing entertainment platform that lets anyone teach themselves how to code, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable—across any device—reaching millions of players across the globe.
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn’t afraid to have some fun either. Someone who’s ready to take Roblox—and their career—to the next level.
For three years running, we have been honored to be recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work®. We’ve fostered a company culture that empowers people to do the most defining work of their career in an environment that’s made up of the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. Join the Roblox team where play rules and the possibilities are endless.
As a Product Design Manager supporting our Developer group, you’ll play a critical role in leading design, strategy and vision across different product verticals within a highly technical space that defines experiences for our platform of developer tools and services. You will own end-to-end design processes for our Core Studio application framework and Developer tools working collaboratively with designers, product managers, and developers to define new workflows and tooling in our app, and improve existing ones.
You’ll manage resources across product teams and multi-disciplinary design efforts such as visual and design systems. You’ll partner with product group leaders to define strategy and vision. Most importantly, you’ll make an impact that sparks imagination and enables creativity in the minds of users around the world at a time of incredible growth for our business.
In this role, you’ll be actively involved in defining UX strategy, future vision, goals, success metrics, roadmap, and sprint commitments. Promoting a device-agnostic, systematic approach to crafting our customer experiences.
Lastly, you’ll be leading projects and designing features, creating experiences for our developers that enables them to create what ever the heart and mind imagines. Leveraging your leadership and management experience, you’ll guide the team to ideate, create, and refine workflows and patterns for our developer platform of tools and services to make our product experience delightful to use. As a manager, you’ll eagerly seek and give help and transparency tops your list of values.
- Experienced with 7+ years of professional work experience in a design leadership and/or management capacity with a Bachelor’s degree in HCI, Interaction Design, Ergonomics, or equivalent work experience
- Practiced in designing for highly technical domains, such as productivity tools, developer tools or designing for large-scale platforms, and complex software applications
- A Manager who will grow a team of product designers by setting crisp goals, evolving our design practice, building team culture, and a leader who guides the team to best possible solution
- A Leader who thrives on cross-functional collaboration, and actively works to improve the people, product, and process on your team and beyond.
- Collaborative and must excel in communicating with engineers, product managers and executives
- Well versed in the development lifecycle, can navigate complex engineering environments and identify dependencies across feature areas
- Self-Organized with your time and work, and seek out resources to accomplish projects.
- Excellent Communicator of design work and your rationale behind proposals. You can communicate complex ideas to the team and stakeholders.
- A Problem Solver who possess a highly-tuned thought process that yields creative solutions to big challenges
- A Cross-Functional Expert who will use your leadership methodologies, and design skills to bring a user-centered point of view to growth and consumer-focused initiatives.
- Collaborative and excited about building relationships with other teams in the company, including Engineering, Marketing, and Product Management
- Driven and is constantly building upon expertise with various tools, platforms and methodologies
- Understand, leverage and extend our design system to deliver a consistent and rich app experience.
- Collaborate deeply with the development side and craft technically mindful experiences.
- Apply existing experience and interaction patterns, also developing new ones based on user needs.
- Collaborate closely with Design and Product leadership to define your features and contribute to the overall direction of your product area.
- Ideate, create, and document user flows and patterns in the app experience to make our products delightful to our users, and clear to our development team.
- Work extremely closely with Engineering to ensure a high-quality and user experience.
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- A super-cool Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- Rockstar status with our community
Your application has been successfully submitted.