BI Data Analyst (Video Games)
London, UK Remote
Home Working in London
PTW is a global services company that collaborates with video game developers and publishers through outsourced production services. We started 25 years ago and since then, have grown exponentially year-on-year to where we are today. Our history is in gaming, and we are gamers at heart. In our time within the games industry, we have worked on over 1500 titles across all genres and all platforms, including 8 out of the past 10 Game-Of-The-Year-winning titles.
We have grown rapidly over the past few years and now have 35 sites spanning the globe. The PTW umbrella of companies includes SIDE and Orange Rock. SIDE works at the cutting edge of interactive media as a provider of audio services for the global entertainment market. Orange Rock is our in-house game and product development studio.
What you’ll be doing
- Support global business analytics strategy by contributing to the execution of critical data reporting and analysis activities that align with business needs.
- Maintain Microsoft Power BI and provide bespoke reporting support for end-users.
- Provide estimates and agree on schedules within a framework for report delivery with business users.
- Analysts of games systems and games telemetry systems.
- Maintain database documentation, including standards, procedures, and definitions for the data dictionary.
- Actively involved in master data setups, validations, and periodic maintenance of information in the master data template.
- Work closely with various business functional teams to resolve master data issues as needed while ensuring compliance and consistency of master data across business systems.
- Implement standardized BI solutions such as ELTs, dashboards, data warehouses, reports, and models used by production, marketing, and executive teams.
- Collaborate with telemetry design (events and in-game stats) to ensure efficient usage of collected data.
- Evaluate tracking events integrated in the game to identify risks for scalability during launch and develop methods for efficient reporting and data storage;
- Propose, implement and maintain solutions to facilitate usage of external data sources and to cross those data sources with game telemetry;
- Design, monitor and maintain the models and data pipelines and optimise the performance of data pipelines in terms of time and cost
- Write and maintain the technical documentation.
What we’re looking for
- You love games.
- You are scary good with data. You look at charts and observe that something doesn’t seem quite right. Others see trends; you see outliers.
- You examine and question data insights and don’t take anything at face value.
- You understand that strong analytical recommendations require an intricate knowledge of both the data sources you are working with and the broader business context.
- You have deep empathy for the business owners you will support. You understand that people have jobs to do and decisions to make, and it is your job to help them do that in as data-driven focus as possible.
- You get excited about data hygiene. You work relentlessly to ensure clean, accurate data to provide strategic business decisions are made off of the right information.
- You are a thought partner for business owners. You always strive to answer the question behind the question and distill the underlying need to analyse data.
- You thrive in a dynamic and ambiguous environment. You are comfortable wearing a variety of hats, unblock blockers, take the initiative, and move things forward despite the real world of imperfect information.
- You show a pattern of being self-started, self-taught, and self-directed. You are your own Business Intelligence team, producing quality analysis and creating novel ways to ensure accuracy.
- You are passionate about designing and measuring tests. You can transform a vague idea into a thoughtful, detailed hypothesis test that will inform future strategies.
Your ideal toolset includes:
- Data visualization tools such as LookerML, Periscope, PowerBI, Tableau, or similar.
- Experience in analysing games telemetry systems.
Nice to have:
- Experience working cross-functionally with real-world, complex datasets and game
- Experience in database query optimisation, writing efficient functions, stored procedures, complex database queries and data modelling.
- Working knowledge of Agile methodologies.
- Experience of DevOps, source control, unit and integration testing, continuous integration, release management, and other software development practices
- BS/MS in a business or quantitative field: Economics, Business, Math, Statistics - the main thing is you have learned how to think analytically.
- Specifically, you know how to narrate analytical results to business stakeholders and executives in a useful, concise, and actionable way.
- Experience working with data infrastructure to assist with recommendations for organizing data into performant tables.
- Six Sigma Green Belt or higher a plus.
What we offer
- You will be working for the pre-eminent global provider of specialist services to the games industry and provided with full training and the opportunity to work on some of the biggest game clients, titles, projects, and tech in the world.
- Attractive remuneration, holidays, regular team competitions with great prizes; and inclusion into an extensive social calendar. Our environments thrive with collaborative team-work with people from all around the world, different nationalities, and languages.
- A supportive community inclusive of LGBTQ+, and any age, ethnicity, religion, or disability. We care about the wellbeing of our employees and have a dedicated employee wellbeing programme. We empower our people and offer regular progression opportunities to ensure our employees flourish.
- Remote/Homeworking with flexible working schedules, a fun environment, and a relaxing culture, including the opportunity to work with the leading technology and creative minds in the world.
- Learn as you work and be part of something real that changes the face of gaming - forever
Pole To Win's core values are imbued across our global organisation: Reinforced by our actions and our attitudes. Echoed throughout our approach to our operations and our clients. Exemplified by our culture, and most of all, our people. We build people and their careers. We actively turn to team-mates for counsel, inspiration, and diverse perspectives. Relationships are built on mutual respect. Personal and professional integrity is our guiding principle. We are honest, authentic, transparent, and ethically sound. Our primary goal is to advance our clients' businesses and their customers' satisfaction. We set the bar for generating imaginative and effective solutions for the most challenging problems. We move with speed and agility. We love what we do. We have unwavering loyalty to our DNA, our culture, our values, and ourselves.
Welcome to PTW
Your application has been successfully submitted.