Art Director - DCUO
Austin, TX, USA
Dimensional Ink Games is building teams as diverse as our ideas.
- Lead in the collaborative development of conceptual artwork, sketches and product pitches which define and convey your artistic vision
- Innovate ideas and\or original assets for all aspects of game prototyping, production and development
- Inspire art staff and facilitate training opportunities to develop all art disciplines
- Create a clear an artistic vision while actively taking part in the game development process
Leader In Craft
- Craft standards:
- Extensive experience and knowledge of technical and traditional art processes and production pipelines.
- Excellent eye for graphical quality and knowledge of techniques used to achieve specific visual targets.
- Strong commitment to excellence and willing to put forth the energy, effort and time to achieve greatness
- Strategic Goals:
- Communicate art direction goals on an executive level with internal teams and external partners
- Responsible for the creation of style guides and related materials for internal and external teams
- Regularly meet with art contributors to define art quality standards
- Personal Proficiencies:
- Minimum 5 years industry experience as a Senior Artist / Art Director
- Must have strong communication skills, a positive and professional attitude and a passion to collaborate
- Experience leading a team with strength in collaborating with Senior and Executive level leadership teams
- Ability to foster a dynamic and collaborative team environment
- Excellent decision making capabilities
- Oversee all art hiring, training, development & resourcing
- Bonuses: Experience working in UE3/UE4, knowledge of DC intellectual property, and passionate about playing games
- End result: Cultivate the art team continue to grow as professionals, reimagine iconic DC characters, push our art style forward and look for stability in a game that is still going strong after 10 years.
Innovative Ownership: Be an owner, build owners
We know that to succeed means to fail but fail wisely and come back better. Don't do something just because it's always been done that way. Be open to learning from all sources and be willing to teach all. Work smart and pursue your craft with passion.
Empathy: Walk in their shoes
We take the time to see from the perspectives of our team members and our players. We care deeply, behave positively, and communicate candidly. Emotional intelligence allows our team to act with respect and appreciate each another (and ourselves).
Collaboration: See the best idea, not have the best idea
We are better together than by ourselves, so we know that a great idea can come from anywhere. We are committed to hiring the best-fitting team members who amplify our craftsmanship and inspire us all to grow.
Honesty/Humility: Integrity matters
We have the self-reflection to hold ourselves accountable and support those who also hold themselves accountable. Be transparent to build trust and a team that is empowered to be bold and authentic. We trust our team members and their feedback.
Notes: *Employment Agencies: Please do not contact this job post with unsolicited services or offers*
*We are fully prepared to do remote onboarding and equipment shipments as needed for our new hires while we are currently working remotely! *
Your application has been successfully submitted.